Chapter 17

As I continued my search for a now upset Prince and his two friends I began to wonder if he was even still in the building. I looked in every room and they were nowhere to be found. Just as I had come out of his office and closed the door I heard the sound of the buzzer sounding letting someone inside the building. I decided to go and see who it was hoping that maybe it would be at least Morris. I made my way to the top of the steps and saw Drew dressed in his full uniform. The receptionist gave him a warm hug as he smiled from ear to ear happy to be back. I rushed down to meet him officially without him laying in front of the gates in blood.

  "Welcome back Drew!" I shouted to him as I ran down the steps excited to see him.

He put his arms out to give me a hug. I slowed down just enough so I wouldn't slam into him and hurt him even more.

  "Well now! It's finally nice to meet you miss Regan! Prince told me all about you! He's a much happier person since you've been back. He's not so......stressed if you will." Drew joked.

  "Well that's good to hear! I thought you weren't coming back until the end of August it's only mid July!"

  "I get pretty restless and working here is the best job I've had in my 26 years of working period. The boss is amazing."

  "Is Prince ok with you being here so soon?"

  "Oh he won't mind. I'm sure he could use all the extra help given the situation."

Drew winked and gave me a smile letting me know that he was willing to help in spite of Marcus shooting him. For and old man I'd have to commend him for being brave enough to come back after an ordeal he had to witness. Prince was surrounded by loyal staffers. Lauren, his receptionist has been here since the days after the revolution disbanded. She worked for Billy at First Avenue as his bar girl. When he died she was out of a job and Prince had made a promise to her that when he came back from touring overseas he would hire her personally when Paisley Park was completed. Prince knew how much Billy was loved and he wanted to continue to keep the legacy of First Avenue as well as the impact Billy had left alive. Tony soon showed up and shook Drew's hand and welcomed him back to his second home. He soon turned to me with a smile.

  "Hey there miss Regan! The boss is looking for you. He's at the soundstage." Tony said.

  "What happened to meeting him in studio B?" I asked him.

  "Don't know. The only time he goes out to the soundstage is if something is really on his mind. He said if I saw you to tell you where he was. Better hurry up though. P gets really irritated if he waits too long for anything."

  "Yeah so I've noticed. Thanks tony! Good to see you again Drew! Take it easy today!"

  "I will my dear! See you around!" Drew said as he waved to me and blew me a kiss for good luck.

I went out the side door and across the small lawn to the the huge soundstage. Before I was able to get to touch the door to the entrance I heard a man calling my name.

  "Regan! Wait for us!"

I turned to find Andre and Jerome coming towards me.

  "What are you guys doing here?" I asked excited to see them.

  "Skip called me and told me to get Andre and bring our asses now!" Jerome said in his usual exaggerated tone.

  "Don't listen to this fool. He just said that we needed to be here and it couldn't wait so we just hopped in the car and came right over." Andre said.

  "That's all? Not even a clue to what's going on?" I asked.

  "Well no.....we thought you would know." Andre said confused.

  "I was only told to change and meet him in studio B but then Tony sent me out here."

  "Well whatever it is it has to be really urgent if he's snatching my black ass outta my bed at 9AM!" Andre said annoyed.

I giggled at Andre and pulled the door open for them.

  "We better go find out what it is then. You know how Prince gets when you're on his time and don't show up when he calls for you." I said.

  "We know." Andre and Jerome said.

The three of us went inside to find Prince sitting at the end of the stage while Morris and Dez were sitting just below him in metal folding chairs. Prince looked like he was up to something. Me and Andre felt it. It was written as plain as day on Prince's face.

  "Andre." Prince called.

Andre didn't answer but just gave him a nod.

  "Let's get this plan in motion. I wanna get this guy outta here." Prince said.

  "I thought we weren't gonna do-"

  "Change of plans. It has to happen tonight."

Andre and I looked at each other. He was trying to make sure he heard right and given my facial expression his thoughts were quickly confirmed.

  "Should I call my uncle Mo? He's the one trying to close out the case."

  "We'll get to that but let's set up someplace where we know Marcus is going to show his face. Get that brain of your working Dre. Regan has to get to campus soon."

Prince jumped down the from the stage and grabbed a chair for Andre to sit in. Andre sighed and shook his head.

  "Alright man but you know we can't just go in all crazy right?"

  "That's why I called you here. Give me your best plan. I know you have a few up your sleeve."

  "Yeah man to catch girls not to catch a potential rapist!" Andre snapped jokingly.

  "Ok so use those same plans you use to get some ass and use them to get this ass off the street!" Prince said with a smile.

  "Alright then Skip sitcha light skinned black ass down and listen. There's a lot that's gonna go done in one night and we have to pull it off with no problems. RIGHT TRICKY?"

Andre looked Jerome up and down angrily.

  "Why you lookin at me? I wasn't the one who threw the bomb!"

  "Yeah but you gotta big ass mouth brotha." Dez chimed in as he pointed as Jerome's lips and laughed.

  "Man shut up!" Jerome snapped.

Andre laid out his plan as we sat and listened. We had to pull off getting Marcus to change his ways in one night.