Chapter 9

We pulled up to the hospital and parked in the garage. Morris and Jerome went ahead as Prince and I made our way down to the emergency room to see my mom before we went to Andre's room. My brown skinned black haired beautiful mother with light brown eyes stood just 5'4 in her nurse clogs. My mom was a short woman but my dad was a good 6'4 so luckily I took my height from my dad and was able to reach 5'5 1/3. The only thing I wish I had was my moms perfectly straight hair. My mother is part Cantonese. He father was a marine that was stationed overseas when he met his wife. They got together and created my mom. It was destined for my mom to meet my dad. She had always said she would marry a soldier. I found her standing at the nurses station sipping on a cup of coffee when her eyes peered over the desk and fell onto Prince's white shirt then onto his face. She smiled and sat the cup down and bolted towards us.

"Now there is a sight for sore eyes! Come here my Skippy!" She said as she crashed into him for a hug.

"It's good to see you too." He said as he hugged her tightly and breathing her love into him.

"After seeing what happened to Andre I thought you would never show." She said grazing her hands over his face.

"Regan convinced me to come see him. How is he?"

"Oh he's fine love. Just a few scrapes and bruises but he's fine. He'll be going home in a few hours. Maybe you guys can take him. Morris and Jerome are already on his floor and Dez has been up there for a while. He'll be happy to know that you guys are here."

"Well that's good to hear Mrs. J."

"Now what I want to hear from my daughter is who is this guy that keeps coming up in conversations."

Me and Prince looked at each other wide eyed.

"I know Ma but now's not a good time. We'll talk about it later."

"Regan you've given me that excuse far to many times now we have to talk about this!"

"Ma I know just.....let me go up and see Andre and then we'll talk about it. Just don't leave."

I pulled Prince by the arm and dragged him to Andre's room leaving my mom confused. Prince waved to my mom as I pulled him along to the elevator and pushed the up button.

"Regan you need to tell her." Prince said as he leaned against the wall.

"I will just not right now. She's not ready to hear about him and I'm not ready to talk about it."

"Kinda like how I'm not ready to see Andre."

"Prince you need to see Andre to get you out of this attitude you've been trapped in."

"I was not trapped in anything. I was like that because I wanted to surprise you."

"Yeah but some of that was real."

"What do you mean?"

"Prince admit it. When we stopped sleeping in the same bed and recording an ungodly amount of music I knew something was up."

The doors came open and we went inside. Prince pushed the button to the second floor and just as swiftly as they opened the metal closed and the lift carried us to the second floor. We got to the second floor and could hear the sound of the guys laughing down the hall.

"Sounds like a party!" I said as I shook Prince by his shoulders trying to loosen him up.

Poor Skipper was so nervous and stiff if I had pushed him over he would have fallen to the floor and shattered like glass. His eyes were glassy and he was furiously biting his lip at the fear that he might see his friend in worst condition than he had anticipated.

"Nelson will you relax? What's really bothering you about all this?" I asked him taking him by the hands.

"Regan I don't know. I guess.....maybe......I should have been the one strapped to that chair and him saving me. I feel like in a way I failed him. He's like a brother to me."

"You didn't fail him and you definitely didn't let him down. We got him out alive and that's what we wanted right? Stop feeling like you screwed him over because you didn't. You did what any friend would have done. You were there for him and he's going to be forever grateful to you. Stop worrying. He's not missing limbs and he's not in a coma he's awake and he's fine. The most Marcus did was leave a knot on his already enormous cranium. Cymone can't be broken."

I pulled him closer to me and placed his hands on my hips.

"If you get through this. I'll give you a reward for doing so well."

His hazel eyes lit up with passion as he tried to contain his hormones.

"Oh yeah? What did you have in mind?"

"I don't know. I was thinking rolling around naked in your bed calling you daddy and feeding you crunch bars. Mr. Happy will be pleased."

"Mmmm I like that idea."

He gave me a kiss and we went into Andre's room holding hands.

"Hey guys look what Chanhassen dragged in!" I said pulling Prince in the room with me.

Andre sat up and smiled at the sight of his best friend coming through the door. Prince's nerves showed on his face and through his smile but he managed to stay calm and not get emotional. He walked up to the side of Andre's bed and looked him over. Andre gave Prince a look of confusion.

"What's wrong man? You look like you just saw Morris' mama wit no clothes on." Andre joked.

"You look good brotha." Prince said as he smiled.

"Well I feel good. Better now that I know Regan is alright. And even better that you two showed up in love again. I thought I was gonna have to come kill you my damn self."

"Nah. We're good. I set that up on purpose. She seemed to like the end result though." He said with a smile.

"Yeah I did." I giggled back.

"So! We're here to take you home and maybe you can come and jam with us tonight if it's cool." Prince said.

"Hell yeah it's cool! Come on brotha you know I'm always ready to jam. But uh one question though. What the fuck we doin about that bitch Marcus?"

"I don't know man but we'll figure it out." Prince said as he looked at me.

Just then my mom came in the room as stared all of us down with the universal mom stare.

"Alright! Andre you are good to go! As for the rest of my loving children especially my only daughter, who is Marcus?"

Our faces were as blank as the hospital walls. It was best that we come clean now before things could get any worse.