The Kitten Has Claws [Chapter 26]

This book is available for purchase on amazon.com as an ebook.

Chapter Twenty-Six

Finn found Violet in the common room with Tamsin, Ingrid, Delilah and their men. He scowled when he saw Sage sitting among them, laughing at some joke, pretending to be a part of their group. Theo nodded when he saw Finn and the other men followed in suit. He grunted in acknowledgement and then stared intently at Violet.

"Can I talk to you privately?" he asked Violet, making his request seem more like a demand than a question.

"I suppose so," she replied nonchalantly, ignoring the looks from the other women. She stood and walked over to Finn, nervousness in every vein.

Sage growled and stood up from the couch, "I don't think that's a good idea," he warned.

"Why not?" Violet asked, confused in his sudden change of behavior. She had never seen the possessive side of Sage before. Angry and competitive, yes, but never jealous.

"He's not your fiancé, and I don't trust him," he ground out.

Finn took a step forward, and wrapped an arm around Violet. "It only matters if she trusts me," he smirked. Sage's jaw clenched, but he didn't say anything else. Instead he slowly sat back down on the couch and watched carefully as they left the room.

Once they were outside the room, Finn pulled Violet into his arms and kissed her fiercely on the mouth, pulling back with a grin. "Why are you so happy?" she asked dazedly.

"Everything is going to be okay," he responded happily, giving her another kiss. He held her hands and looked deeply into her eyes, "Let me take you on a date tonight."

"A date? But how—"

He placed a finger over her lips, "We won't be leaving the estate, but I have someplace I want to show you. What do you say?" He searched her eyes carefully, keeping the smile pasted on his face. He needed her to agree with him, to agree with him on everything, or it wouldn't work out.

"Finn, I..." she broke off and looked away, "I'm scared," she whispered tearfully.

He placed his hands on either side of her face and forced her to look at him again, "I told you to trust me. You have to believe that I would never do anything to harm you. Do you trust me?" She nodded slowly and wrapped her arms around his waist in a comforting hug.

"Oh god, get a room!" Jed said, smacking his hands over his eyes and stumbling down the hallway.

"Screw you," Finn snarled.

"No thank you," Jed grinned. He turned to look at Violet and winked, "You on the other hand..." He let the suggestion hang in the air and laughed when Finn growled menacingly. "It's okay putty cat, I'm just admiring." He saluted them both and continued sauntering down the hallway, whistling an annoying tune.

"One of these days I'm going to kill him," Finn muttered angrily.

Violet laughed and pulled out of his embrace, "He means well." When Finn rolled his eyes she giggled again. "So when's this date taking place tonight?"

"I'll come to your room at six. We're having dinner," he paused and his eyes took on a heated look, "and dessert."

Violet shivered in anticipation, she couldn't wait to see what Finn had in store for her. Part of her felt bad for agreeing to this date and for having feelings for Finn. She had promised Sage that she was going to try and make their relationship work, but she had also promised to trust Finn. He said he had something in mind for her to fix everything and she desperately hoped that he did. She was afraid to admit it, but she was in love with Finn. Sage had been a schoolgirl's crush, but with Finn it was a heated and—at times—painful love.