The Kitten Has Claws [Chapter 38]

This book is available for purchase on amazon.com as an ebook. 

Chapter Thirty-Eight

"Two days?!?" Ingrid screeched.

"Technically we only have one day to prepare," Tamsin pointed out.

Ingrid shot her a dirty glare and looked at Noelle. Stupid men and their stupid, overbearing personalities. One day of preparation was not ideal, but she and the other women would pull it off because it was Noelle's day. "We'll get it all taken care of," Ingrid told her.

"You don't have to worry about it, Ing," Noelle protested, "It isn't that big of a deal."

All of the women started arguing at once, reassuring Noelle that it was a big deal because it was her wedding day. They all pushed her out of the room, telling her that they would deal with the preparation of food and whatnot. All she needed to do was stand there and look pretty.

"Come on," Delilah smiled, "I'm going to help you find your wedding dress. We'll search everyone's closet since we're almost all the same sizes." She grabbed Noelle's hand and led her out of the room.

They headed to Noelle's room first, searching through her clothes for a white dress. Delilah pulled out two dresses and laid them on the bed. "Let's just find all the white dresses we can then you can try them all on and decided. Does that work?"

Noelle nodded dazedly, feeling a bit overwhelmed by everything. If someone had asked her a week ago what she would be doing today, there was no way she would have ever guessed this. Running around frantically, trying to prepare everything for the big day, was not something she had thought about. Unlike most girls, Noelle had never really planned out her perfect wedding day. She didn't care about the dress or the colors or what food was served. To her, her wedding day was supposed to be about her and her husband. Nothing else really mattered because without the bride and groom there was no wedding.

"Have you?"

Noelle shook her head and looked at Delilah. Apparently she had been speaking to her and Noelle hadn't even noticed. "Uh...no?"

Sighing, Delilah stopped outside her room, "I asked if you have decided who your maid of honor is going to be."

"Oh," she murmured awkwardly, "I..."

"I'm not asking to be your maid of honor," Delilah laughed suddenly, "I was just curious if you had even thought about it."

Noelle blushed, "Not really. I guess I always assumed Tamsin would be, since she's my cousin and all. I'm not very good and picturing how this day is going to turn out. All I can see is Raine."

Delilah opened her bedroom door with a smile. "There's nothing wrong with that. Besides, that's what you have all of us for, to keep your head on straight." She ushered Noelle in and grabbed a couple more dresses before moving onto another room. After an hour of searching they had seven white dresses for Noelle to try on.

"Do I have to?" she moaned pathetically. She really hated trying clothes on.

Delilah glared at her and gave her the first dress. "Yes, you have to. How else are you going to find the perfect dress? Hmm?" She gave a quick squeal, "I love trying clothes on!"

"Good for you," Noelle grumbled, slipping on the first dress. "How about you try on all the dresses and I'll pick the one I like?" She adjusted the dress and stepped in front of the mirror, frowning slightly.

"Nope!" Delilah sang, "It's your wedding day, not mine. What do you think of this dress?"

"Eh, too plain." She pulled it off and threw it on the floor, quickly grabbing the next dress. "I appreciate all the effort you guys are putting into this, but I'm starting to feel a little overwhelmed by everything."