d e a t h

DEATH

jj.

"Have you considered putting the book down and giving me some of your attention?"

Jeongguk and Taehyung were laying down under the bright sun on the roof of their school, skipping art class, as usual. A few minutes ago they were just blabbering about life and now Taehyung had buried his face in some big old book. Of course, completely unaware of Jeongguk's presence anymore.

But after he heard his voice, Taehyung looked up with his mouth slightly parted.

"Can you say that again? I wasn't paying attention." his quiet and polite voice still sounded distracted.

Jeongguk sighed deeply and put his head down in Taehyung's lap, staring at the blue sky, filled with puffy white clouds.

"I see you weren't. But that's exactly what I want," Jeongguk looked up at Taehyung's pretty face, "Your attention. As soon as you open that book, you isolate me completely."

The boy smiled and dig his fingers in Gukie's black hair, petting it gently.

"Well, that's kind of the point. If a book is good, it should make you forget everything around you."

"But you started reading in the middle of the conversation," the boy rolled his eyes, "And that's very rude."

Taehyung laughed.

"Is a little kiss an appropriate apology?" he winked.

Jeongguk blushed and got up from the boy's lap, trying to hide his red face.

"Shut up." he muttered.

Taehyung just laughed again and put hands behind his head with a sigh.

Both of them admired the view that the school roof presented to them - you could see the whole town.

"Gukie, do you think life is a part of death or death is a part of life?" Taehyung suddenly asked with a blank expression on his face.

The black haired boy bit his lip. He was used to such random questions and didn't even bother to ask why stuff like that floated in Taehyung's mind.

"Well, since we are human beings and we are living right now, I'd say death is a part of life," he turned his face to look at Taehyung.

The boys stayed quiet for a while, each of them thinking.

"But look at it that way," Taehyung began, staring at one confused pigeon close to them, "Let's say that life is a room. And the only way out of this room is a door, or in our case death. We don't know what happens after death, so we don't know what is going on out of this room. We don't know if everything outside the door revolves around the room or if the room is just a little part of what's outside. But all we know is our room,"

Jeongguk didn't say anything, still analyzing Taehyung's words.

"And that's why we think death is a part of life. We could be right. But also it may turn out that death is far bigger. Maybe the door leads to something greater," Taehyung finished and shrugged his shoulders.

Jeongguk looked at him.

"You really think in depth, Tae. I like that about you."

Taehyung just smiled. Then, without saying a word, he got up and left Jungkook alone on the roof.

The boy was confused.

But not surprised.

Not even a bit.