m u s i c

MUSIC

jj.

Happily, on Tuesday, Taehyung was at school. The second Jeongguk saw him, his legs got weak and breath hitched.

His chocolate brown hair was messy and his eyes were tired, but immediately lighted up when they stopped on Jeongguk.

Taehyung sat next to him on their desk and leaned in.

"Will it be okay if I kiss you now?" he asked and the other boy almost fell of his chair.

"N-No, it won't be," Jeongguk stuttered out and blushed bright red.

There were too many people in the classroom. He didn't want to land his lips on Taehyung's when there were so many other people watching them. Because kissing for Jeongguk was something so beautiful and unreal, he wanted it to be a well kept secret just between him and Tae.

It seemed like the chocolate haired boy didn't need words to understand Jeongguk's thoughts. He just nodded and looked away with a frown. Jeongguk got nervous at his sudden distant behavior. Maybe he should just get over himself and kiss Taehyung. The other boy noticed that he was tense. His big handed held Jeongguk's smaller one under their desk.

His skin wasn't exactly soft. It was warm and a bit dry. And everything that Jeongguk ever wanted.

The class started. But Taehyung's hand didn't move away even with a centimeter.

-

Jeongguk's next kiss with Taehyung felt like music.

The chocolate haired boy's lips were writing notes over his and playing chords with his tongue. All that Jeongguk could see in his head, while his eyes were closed, was a beautiful piano with a beautiful boy on it. His fingers quickly and energetically flew over the black and white keys when Taehyung's lips first touched Jeongguk's.

Then the melody turned into something sounding like Vaughan Williams' Fantasia, as the kiss continued - it pulled him deep, deep into the sounds, presenting to him a whole new feeling.

Later, the kiss got sweet and slow and the music changed into Chopin, splashing in Jeongguk's ears.

The boy in his head didn't get tired for a second. Colors started flashing behind Jeongguk's closed eyelids.

Blue, pink, yellow, white, orange and green.

And Taehyung's lips kept on moving and making music.

After what seemed like hours, Jeongguk pulled away. The piano boy in his head started fading, until he disappeared.

"I never thought kissing someone gave such an amazing feel, you know? That's very interesting," Taehyung's breaths were a bit heavier.

He sat down on the ground. They were on the rooftop. Again. Skipping art class, as usual.

"Tae, can I ask you something?" Jeongguk unsurely questioned, sitting next to the boy.

He nodded.

"What are we?"

Both of them sunk into thick and deep silence.

"Do you believe in labels, Gukie? Does it really matter?" Taehyung asked him and tilted his head.

"Yes." Jeongguk replied laconically.

Taehyung sighed heavily.

"I will call you baby, take you out on dates, kiss you and make you feel good. I will talk to you everyday, pay attention to you and love you. But can we please not call ourselves boyfriends?" he whined and rubbed his eyes.

Jeongguk didn't want to show he was hurt, but he couldn't hold back.

"Are you ashamed of me or something?" the boy quietly asked and looked down.

Taehyung's eyes widened. He immediately leaned in and gave Jeongguk's lips a soft peck. Somewhere in his head, a sound of a piano echoed.

"Of course not. Don't be stupid," Taehyung shook his head with a smile, "It's just that 'boyfriend' is an overused word to describe relationships and connections that don't need that label. Instead, I want us to find another word, that captures the feelings between us. And I'm sure we will find it."

Jeongguk blushed and kissed Taehyung's cheeks.

"You convinced me, once again."

They spent their whole afternoon in a world they only knew, build from kisses and unsure touches.

And Jeongguk's 'maybe' started turning into a 'I will'.