o n e

ONE

jj.

Jeongguk couldn't even describe the pain and emptiness he felt in his chest when he saw Taehyung for the last time.

He was out in the park with Jimin, blabbering about life and school. Just like they always do.

And suddenly, as they walked past the little lake, on the other side Jeongguk saw his lover and breaker standing.

The wind was playing with his chocolate brown hair and the sunlight was making his milky skin shine. He had a small smile on his face, as he stared at the water and the way it moved.

Taehyung was so peaceful right at that moment, yet he had caused so much disaster.

He was a hurricane, pretending to be a gentle summer breeze.

Jeongguk's ribs were breaking in his chest, falling down to his stomach and tearing his insides apart. Blood was everywhere and he couldn't breath.

He saw his heart next to Taehyung, begging to come back to him.

Because it was so much pain.

Because remembering Taehyung was torture.

Because love wasn't as pretty as it used to be.

Because it was a sweet little lie, covering the ugly twisted truth.

But Jeongguk didn't let any of these feelings show. If he wanted his heart back, he had to pretend to be okay.

Until he actually is.

When Jeongguk got home, he got out the letter Taehyung gave him and burned it, watching how the flames slowly ate the blue paper.

Just like Taehyung's lies ate Jeongguk's love.

Just like his touches ate his skin.

Just like his words ate Jeongguk's mind.

All that remained was a pile of ashes.

After that, Gukie went straight to bed, hiding under the sheets, whispering I love you to his pillow.

And pretended the heartbreaker, who hunted his dreams and realities, said it back.