e p i l o g u e

EPILOGUE

It's been exactly three years, since Kim Taehyung had committed suicide.

He jumped from the school's rooftop when he was eighteen, on the third of April, around 6:30 am, as the neurologists said.

His body was found at 7:00 am by one of the teachers.

The funeral was held on the seventh of April and his classmates, friends and relatives were all there, mourning his loss.

Everyone was devastated, but there was this one specific boy, who seemed to be fully destroyed - his lover.

Jeon Jeongguk's pain, guilt and shock were huge.

Pain, because Taehyung not only killed his love, but himself along with it.

Guilt, because until the last moment, he was mad at Taehyung and hated him.

Shock, because he never thought the boy would do something like this.

What made things even worse, he will never know why Taehyung jumped off the roof.

Since when he wanted to do it?

What made the third of April so special?

Why did he think suicide was the only answer?

Jeongguk wasn't able to get out of bed days after Taehyung's death. Only the funereal made him push the white sheets off.

Park Jimin, his best friend, was there for him, always ready to help, but Jeongguk pushed him away and soon the boy stopped trying. When they graduated from high school, he left Korea and moved in Sydney, where he was studying for a graphic designer.

Kim Namjoon and Kim Seokjin, some of Jeongguk's old friends, were married and lived in Seoul. They were thinking of adopting a kid soon.

Min Yoongi was far, far away in Chicago. He had opened his own tattoo studio there and was seeing some goth guy, who was his roommate.

And Jeongguk hadn't left the small town, filled with memories, pain, butterflies, music and dances. He was studying medicine, but just because his parents made him. He still didn't know what he wanted to do with his life.

Today was the third of April and Jeongguk decided to visit Taehyung's grave. He got a few daisies and headed towards the cemetery.

His heart was beating fast and his legs were shaking, as he got to the stone and looked over the words on it.

Kim Taehyung

1995-2013

Always in our hearts.

Jeongguk bit his lip, as he put the flowers down and blankly stared at the grave.

That's when he realised something.

His feelings for Taehyung hadn't changed in those three years. Not for even a second. His love was unconditional, painful, beautiful, unreal and bleeding, but it was his everything.

When Taehyung got buried six meters under the ground, Jeongguk's heart was buried with him.

And it would always stay there.

Because Jeongguk wouldn't stop loving the chocolate haired boy not after five years.

Or ten.

Or fifteen.

Or twenty.

Or a century.

Not even after the world ends.

Jeongguk sighed heavily.

Or maybe he would forget about Taehyung in another year or so.

He is only twenty-one, after all. Life is just ahead him. His lover would soon fade in time and Jeongguk's heart would be free.

At least he thinks so.

But no.

That won't happen.

Because every time he closed eyes, his mind was still on the roof.

In the lap of a boy with chocolate hair.

And big old book in hands.

Just casually talking about death and life.

Searching for a meaning and logic.

But somehow never found them.