t h r e e

THREE

kth.

I love you.

I love you.

I love you.

I love you.

I love you.

I love you.

The words echoed in Taehyung's ears long after they came out of his lover's mouth and each time they clutched his heart tighter.

Oh, how he wished he could find the strength to tell him the same. He really did love Jeongguk with every single piece of his body and soul. The black haired boy gave an absolute new meaning to his life. He made Taehyung see the world through new eyes and capture the beauty in the little things.

Little things, that reminded him of Gukie.

Like the light peeking behind his red curtains.

The sound of the raindrops hitting his window.

The car lights he sees late at night, as he is walking home.

The children's laugh, splashing from the nearby playground.

But if only everything was that simple. Taehyung had an aim - an aim made of depression, anxiety and heavy thinking. And Jeongguk was distracting him from it.

That's why he had to lie and hurt the boy.

But Jeongguk was gonna get crushed anyways. The sooner, the better. That's why Taehyung quickly took a decision.

Three days.

Three more days and he will do it.

-

jj.

"So, after you told him you loved him, what did he say?" Jimin asked and poured more tea in Jeongguk's cup.

After you get your heart broken, twisted and smashed, what's better than endless talking and crying with your best friend, plus a shitload of tea? That's right, nothing.

"It was pretty generic - he said he is sorry, but he doesn't feel the same way about me and since I have those feelings, it's better to stay friends," Jeongguk sniffled, snuggling in his blanket.

Jimin groaned.

"The friend thing is so overused. I can't believe Taehyung would say something like that," he shook his head and took a sip from his cup.

"Me too. I mean, I thought he loved me. He said and did so many stuff... I guess I wasn't that special," Gukie looked down.

Jimin moved closer to the boy, wrapped arms around him and rubbed his back.

"We both don't have the best of luck with guys, huh?" he quietly said, biting his lip.

A few tears formed in the corners of Jeongguk's eyes. His chest felt so empty without Taehyung. His lips were so heavy without his. His skin was so itchy without the chocolate haired boy's touch.

And the three words and eight letters didn't have a meaning anymore. Not for him.

Taehyung broke his love.

"Thank you so much for being here, hyung. I have been sobbing for hours and you still put up with me," Jeongguk hugged him and smiled lightly.

"Kiddo, you literally went and smacked someone in the forehead, because of me. The least thing I can do is listen to you cry." Jimin laughed.

Jeongguk chuckled softly and pulled away with a sigh, taking a look over his hyung's face.

Oh, what would he do without Jimin?