GUYS THEORY HERE!

First off, I'd like to thank _Babyblue_4592 for the inspiration

So Peridot said that the reason for her size was a lack of resources on Homeworld, right? And we know that the Earth is rich in vitamins and minerals.

So what if Rose wasn't trying to save the Earth, but take it from Homeworld?

Let's think. Peridot references that Homeworld conquers other planets and races, but for what? We know that the plans for the Earth were to create multiple Kindergartens and communication hubs, but it's the kindergartens that are really important.  That's where new gems are created. So why was the Earth so important?

The Cluster. We know that Earthwas specially chosen for the Cluster, most likely because of the rich soil needed to incubate gems. Since Rose already knew so much, I'll be damned if she didn't know about the cluster.

So if Rose takes the Earth, she takes a planet capable of incubating thousands of gems and a supergem at the same time. If Rose couldn't stop the cluster, at least she'd have the cluster! Which is a huge game changer.

So why does Homeworld need the cluster? Some theories say that Homeworld's fighting a war against another planet invading race. One small theory that I have is that the Diamonds want the cluster  as a way to promote fear and order, because who knows what other rebellions they may have to fight?

What do you guys think? Do you think Rose took the Earth just to take it from the Diamonds?