NINETEEN

The Only Reason

Angelina

"New Orleans is so pretty." I gasped. Klaus said I could walk around the town today but I had to keep my protection bubble at all times. 

"I'm glad you like it as much as I do, Angelina." Klaus smiled as we strolled through the French Quarter admiring the various instrument players and artists that showed their art in the streets. I smiled at a lady playing the saxophone, she played with so much passion and I admired that. I chucked some change in my pocket into the case for the saxophone, she gave me a slight nod before carrying on with her playing.

"Niklaus Mikaelson, never thought I'd see you in these parts again." A rich American accent called out from behind us, Klaus turned on his heel tugging me with him to be faced with a dark skinner man with a huge grin on his face.

"Marcellus Gerard, never thought I'd see you in these parts still." He chuckled taking the man into a bear hug, patting his back as he did so.

"Where are my manners? I'm Marcel, and you are?" He lifted out my hand, pressing his lips to them maintaining eye contact the whole time. A blush crept up my neck when he sent a wink my way.

"I'm Angelina." I smiled, tucking a strand of hair behind my ear bashfully. Klaus rolled his eyes at Marcel's flirting, keeping a firm grip on my arm.

"Oh, my bad. Is she your love interest, Klaus?" Marcel eyed how tight Klaus was gripping my arm and the glare he was sending to Marcel. I internally rolled my eyes at Klaus' behaviour, it was unnecessary.

"She is not my girlfriend, Marcel. I think she's quite smitten with my brother." Klaus scoffed, I gasped at the last part, I was not smitten with his brother.

"You're digging Elijah? Go get him, girl." Marcel chuckled, patting my arm jokingly. "Not dear Elijah, my dear brother Kol." Klaus smirked and Marcel's eyes widened at the mention of Kol. I furrowed my eyebrows, why would he be surprise that it was Kol? Not that I was smitten with Kol but I was curious to why this would be a huge shock.

"Kol Mikaelson is in New Orleans?" Marcel's warm smile had turned into a cold stare at Klaus, the atmosphere had changed dramatically and I really wanted the mood to lighten up again.

"Yes, Marcellus. Dearest Kol is in New Orleans, in fact the whole Mikaelson family is here, excluding the late Finn, however you would be pleased to know that your dearest Rebekah is here." Klaus emphasised on the part about Rebekah, I was disappointed that I had never heard of Rebekah's love interest.

"Dearest Rebekah? You and Rebekah?" I asked still confused about the whole situation but Klaus and Marcel ignored my questions and carried on bickering between themselves.

"Angelina, how come you're staying with the Mikaelson's?" Marcel ignored Klaus and turned his attention to me, Klaus shoved his hand over my mouth before I could even open it. 

"She's here with us on business." He answered for me with a smile but Marcel wasn't buying at the way he narrowed his eyes down at both of us.

"Klaus, she doesn't even look older than eighteen. What are you seriously doing with her?" He demanded to know with a look of anger in his eyes, why does he even care? "She's staying with us on business, if she didn't want to be here, she would have left. Isn't that right, love?" Klaus still had his hand placed over my mouth, he chuckled before removing his hand.

"Yeah, I would have gone home." I lied, but I knew it also was not a lie. I wanted to go home but something was drawing me to the Mikaelson's and I knew it was Kol, ever since my angel subconscious chose him for me to protect, being far from him makes me feel horrible, not right in my own skin. If I left New Orleans then I would go insane with the distance between Kol and I. Wherever he goes, I must go.