THIRTY

Birdhouse In Your Soul (i loved this song at the time of writing this soz)

Angelina

"We're nearly there now, a few more minutes then I assume we'll be there." Klaus announced from the front of the line. I was in and out of sleep on Kol's back as he carried me piggy back style through the Saffron Woods.

"You said that ten minutes ago, brother." Elijah pointed out which Kol chimed in with agreement. Klaus huffed but ignored his two brothers, I could tell he was silently wishing that Rebekah was here.

"Are you okay? That was a stupid question, ignore me." Kol whispered to me before backtracking on himself and blushing slightly.

"No I'm not okay, but thank you for asking." I said as kindly as I could, in honesty, I was utterly heartbroken knowing that I didn't have a brother anymore. No, Jacob will always be my brother, alive or dead.

"We're close, I can hear them." I muttered but loud enough for everybody to hear. I didn't really feel like talking anymore. I had been through so much and the thought that most of the day I spent it arguing with Jacob and I can never apologise or say goodbye to him was breaking me apart.

"I can practically hear your swarming thoughts, my Angel." Kol chuckled but I just hummed in response. I needed to get this day over with, I needed to get this mourning period over with. "Leave the girl be, Kol. She's had an absolute dreadful day." Elijah pitied, Kol nodded at his brother and held me tighter as I was slipping.

We stumbled out of the bushes and trees into a river with a waterfall and lots of little caves and chambers scattered around.

"Which one is it now?" Klaus joked but nobody laughed, a melancholy cloud hovered over us and no one could fight through it.

"I'm going to have put you down now, darling." Kol said quietly to me before gently placing me back on the ground. He jogged down some stone steps to a small cave. I lit the torches with my angelic powers to get some light as we both stood in front of the chamber.

"If I open this, will all the other angels be free?" I asked curiously as the screams for help were louder. It was as if their presence was here but not them physically.

"Nobody really knows, come lets do this spell and get whatever Niklaus wants and get you back to Mystic Falls." Elijah took off his coat and placed it onto my shivering body, I could see the little puffs of air I was blowing out as my breathing and heart rate quickened.

I placed my hand on the chamber door, closing my eyes and feeling it's essence radiating through the rock and from my necklace. They were linked off course and everything about it was screaming at me to open it.

"I,  Angelina Knight , croci angelus , aperi thesaurum item vetita." I whispered repeatedly feeling the spell slowly fade away as the magic began to fade from the door. "I,  Angelina Knight , croci angelus , aperi thesaurum item vetita." Blood trickled down my nose as the spell was too strong for me to handle, Jacob died for this and I was going to open it for him. Not for Klaus, not for me but for Jacob.

"I,  Angelina Knight , croci angelus , aperi thesaurum item vetita." I shouted louder as I could feel the spell getting weaker and weaker and soon it was gone all together. The stone cold door slowly opened revealing a dimly lit passageway.

"I-I did it." I trembled poking my head into the passageway, the smell of Saffron so strong that it traveled out of the chamber.

"No!" A blade skimmed past my head and into the stone next to me as all our heads turned around to see a mass of amártisan witches and I mean hundreds of them running towards us. "Everybody get inside! Get inside now!" Elijah bellowed as they began to speed up, we all charged into the chamber and Elijah pulling the rock door behind us shut and any natural light we did have was now gone.