TWENTY FIVE

The Missing

Angelina

"Morning, my little warrior." Klaus grinned in the kitchen as she stood leaning on the kitchen counter sipping on his coffee. I smiled despite the fact it hurt my lip to do so, I was so glad I met the Mikaelson family.

"I couldn't help but overhear last night that you and Kol are together as one?" Klaus said like an old man, despite being around for a millennium he would never catch up with times. He still spoke so formal and Old English like.

"You mean boyfriend and girlfriend?" I stifled a giggle, Klaus narrowed his eyes at me playfully before breaking out into a huge grin.

"Kol and Angelina are together?" Rebekah walked in with Elijah behind her with a smile on her face. A blush crept up my neck, not quite sure if Kol wanted to tell his siblings yet.

"Elijah, you owe me twenty dollars." Rebekah held out her hand to Elijah, he rolled his eyes pulling a twenty dollar note from his suit pocket and slapping it into Rebekah's hand.

"You placed a bet on it?" I said with my mouth agape, shocked that my friend was betting on me and her brother. I wasn't even sure that Rebekah would approve of Kol and I dating, who wants their best friend to go out with their older brother?

"Of course, we all knew it was bound to happen. Why not make a profit off it?" Rebekah replied cheekily, ruffling my hair ever so slightly. I poked my tongue out at her at which she laughed at before playfully rolling her eyes.

"I bet that it would happen next week but Rebekah bet that it was going to happen last night." Elijah told me even with a smile to his face, it felt good to be accepted by his siblings. It felt good to be happy again, I hadn't been this happy since I was in Mystic Falls. Something I began to think was never going to happen again, I could never be happy in Mystic Falls without Kol. Kol had to be there because being apart from him made me physically uncomfortable in my skin, it's a sign from my body showing that I have to be close to him in case something happens.

"What are you guys talking about?" A sleepy Kol sauntered into the room shirtless once again, with sweatpants hanging low around his waist. Normally, I would just think that Kol was attractive but now that he was my boyfriend, everything had changed. He wasn't attractive to me anymore, he was a work of art. He was beautiful enough to replace the Mona Lisa in The Louvre. 

"About you and your girlfriend." Niklaus replied bluntly, Kol froze in his spot looking around at us all with his mouth agape and then a smile broke out as he met my eyes.

"Let me guess, Nik 'overheard' us and then brought it up so that Rebekah and Elijah could hear." Kol rolled his eyes and sent a playful glare towards Niklaus who held up his hands in defence and a huge smile on his face.

"Oh, Angelina, my dear. I found your letter to Damon and I posted it to him. Do not worry, I did not read it." Elijah told me, Kol's eyes widened before he looked down at the counter with a glare with clenched fists.

"Oh, I forgot about that. Thank you so much, Elijah." I hugged Elijah ever so slightly at which he replied with a smile and with a slight nod. He simply turned walking out the room with a smile to his face, Rebekah following him close behind.

"A letter? About what?" Kol casually asked with something in his eyes that I couldn't work out. He couldn't be jealous? Could he? Damon and I were siblings, I could never feel anything like that about Damon.

"How I'm hopelessly in love with him." I sarcastically remarked at which Kol shot me a cold glare at me with made me shiver. He was being utterly serious, he was jealous of Damon and I's relationship.

"Well, I don't fancy witnessing a lover's tiff so I'm out of here." Niklaus held his hands up in defence before quickly shuffling out of the kitchen leaving Kol standing there with his fists clenched and his eyes filled with fury.

"I will tear him apart, Angelina." Kol bitterly said before staring at the ground trying to hide his vampire side of him. I could see the veins under his eyes with the dim light that the early morning sun gave us through the blinds. I could see the way he was holding back a growl as she tried to contain himself and his anger.

"Kol, if you think that I'd ever pick Damon over you. I really like you, Kol Mikaelson. In fact, I worship the ground you walk on." I placed my hand on his arm but he jerked away, turning up to face me with the demonic face. His eyes softened once his met mine and the veins faded away and his eye colour returned to it's coffee brown.

"And I adore you, Angelina Knight." He smiled before wrapping his arms around me taking me in his arms. I embraced him, snuggling my face into his chest taking in his familiar scent. We stood like that for awhile before he removed his arms with a smile to his face, something you rarely saw Kol with.

"I adore you, darling. More than you know." He whispered, using the pad of his thumb to wipe away a stray tear of joy that I hadn't realised was rolling down my cheek. I grinned, placing a chaste kiss to his lips. 

-

"Klaus?" I knocked on his bedroom door as he stood at his easel painting with a serene look on his face with the brush in his hand, gently stoking the canvas with ease.

"Yes?" He placed the brush down turning to face me with a raised brow, Klaus had been irritable lately. He didn't like sitting and waiting for our impending dooms, the stress of not knowing what the witches knew and planning. They thought I was dead but for how long would they be kept in the dark? How long until they found out I wasn't truly dead? These witches were not stupid and would come to their senses sooner or later. I'd rather the latter.

"When the spell doesn't work. Please- please could you take care of Kol? Don't let him slip backing into his old ways and just be there for him." My voice cracked as I finished my sentence, tears threatening to spill over. Klaus furrowed his eyebrows at the ground before meeting my eyes with a perplexed expression.

"When? What are you talking about Angelina?" His voice raised ever so slightly but I placed a finger to my lips before gesturing to downstairs and then pointing at my ears. Klaus nodded slightly before staring at me with an annoyed expression.

"Doesn't it seem a little too easy to you? There must be a catch, there has to be and I just know it's not going to work. I'll open the chamber for you Klaus but on the one condition that you'll save Kol when it goes wrong." I begged.

"Angelina-"

"No, Klaus. I promised I'd open this chamber and I have to but my dying wish is for just someone to take care of Kol. He'll need his brothers, more than you know." I cut him off, he slouched with something in his eyes I had never seen before.

"It's not going to go wrong, Angelina. I promise." 

"Don't make promises you can't keep, Niklaus" 

oops i haven't proof read this so could have possible many mistakes but you can just laugh and ignore them yeah okay

so yeah it's short but they'll get longer at some point i think, tbh i can't remember

-annie