14 | The Heart is a Lonely Hunter

╔══════════════════╗

INDIANA JONES
xiv. THE HEART IS A LONELY HUNTER

╚══════════════════╝

PRESENT DAYSTORYBROOKE

PRESENT DAY
STORYBROOKE

"NICE SHOT, CHIEF. BET you 20 bucks you can't do it again," Storybrooke Newspaper Editor, Sidney Glass challenged Sheriff Graham Humbert from the inside of Granny's Diner.

The two were spending some downtime together on that warm night. The bells on the door to entrance of the Diner jingled as Anna James walked in. It was clear that she was about to go to bed, considering she had her hair tied up, a makeup-less face, and she wore sweatpants.

"Hey, Ruby," Anna greeted tiredly. Anna and Ruby had always been good friends. Ruby was the only girl in Storybrooke that wasn't always having an emotional breakdown and was close to Anna's age.

The red-lipped girl flashed a smile at the tired girl. It disappeared when she noticed how tired Anna was. "Hey, Anna Banana," Ruby greeted. "You look tired. Wait—let me guess. Henry wants another Hot Cocoa with Cinnamon?"

Anna nodded as the girl immediately got to work. "I don't know how he can have so much Cocoa," Anna admitted. "I think it's making me go coco if you know what I mean."

Ruby laughed at the sound of this. "Poor you. Maybe you should just tell Henry no sometimes," she suggested. Anna's eyes widened.

"And risk him staying up all night? Heck, no!" Anna exclaimed. "Regina would murder me and I don't think I'd get any sleep. I'd become the Walking Dead. Literally."

"Well, at least you'd be a pretty zombie," Ruby joked. She placed the to-go cup in front of Anna. "One Hot Cocoa with Cinnamon to go!"

"Thanks, Ruby. You're a lifesaver," Anna said.As Anna gave her some money, she made her way to the door. She spotted the back of Emma's head, but before she could call out to the woman, a dart went flying at the blonde. Anna wasn't sure what came over her, for the next thing she knew, she rapidly reached out and grabbed the dart in mid-air.

"Whoa," Anna breathed, staring at the dart in her hands. Emma spun around, staring at the dart in Anna's hand before the two girls turned to face whoever threw the item, which was Sheriff Graham.

"What the hell?" Emma questioned, enraged. "You could have hit me!"

The somewhat tipsy man began to walk toward the two girls. "I never miss," he informed them. "You've been avoiding me since last night when you saw me."

"Um... I'll leave you two to it," Anna awkwardly said. She placed the dart on the closest table before walking out in discomfort as she thought about how Graham and Regina had been hooking up without anyone knowing. Anna shivered as she walked back home and muttered, "Gross."