31 | Who to Trust

╔══════════════════╗

INDIANA JONES
xxxi. WHO TO TRUST

╚══════════════════╝

PASTTHE ENCHANTED FOREST

PAST
THE ENCHANTED FOREST

STANDING IN A DIMLY-LIT tent, Indiana Jones listened as Prince Charming informed his friends of the current situation at hand. He pointed at a random spot on the sheet, explaining where King George's men were last seen camping out. As he did, Red burst into the camp, claiming that the King's men were coming for them.

"No! We will not run," the Prince declared with a gleam of determination evident in his eyes. "We said we were gonna take the Kingdom back, and we can't do that with our tails between our legs." Red gave him a look. "No offense."

Indiana nodded in agreement. "I've run from the Royal Guard for enough years to know that they'll just keep finding you," Indiana mentioned. "If we're going to war, we're going to have to fight back at some point."

"But matters have worsened. The King has a new General," Red informatively stated. "They call him the Leviathan. They say he attacks like a monster striking from the depths of the sea. You never see him coming and you never survive."

Humming, Indiana mumbled, "Bet."

"How close is his army?" Snow White questioned. As she finished her question, an arrow went flying through the tent until it lodged itself in the table in the center of the group.

As the sound of men shouting indistinctly was heard, everyone exchanged glances before running out of the tent with their weapons drawn. A large number of knights in shining armor rode in on horses as they proceeded to attack the people closest to them.

"Split up. It'll be easier if we divide them," Indiana instructed.

David nodded in agreement. Snow suddenly stopped and turned around. "You're not coming?" Snow asked as they heard Red howling in the distance, indicating that she had shifted into her wolf-form.

"He's after me," the Prince told her. "You'll have a better chance of escaping on your own. Don't worry. Meet me in two days' time at the cabin."

"The cabin?" Snow repeated with furrowed eyebrows and widened eyes. "Where she is? Are you sure?"

"We're engaged! I think it's about time you met my mother," David encouraged her with a small smile. He pulled her in and quickly kissed her.

"Come on, lover boy!" Indiana called out, standing a few feet away from them as she dislocated the dominant arm of one of the knights. "I'm already winning!"