Chapter 7

(Emma's POV)

After getting ready at Lily's for almost an hour we're ready to go to Ashley's party.

"Damn we look good," Lily says admiring us for a second in the full length mirror while we wait for Will to pick us up. She's not wrong, we both do look really good. She's wearing a floral dress, and a jean jacket. Her eyeliner makes her brown eyes pop. I have a bold red lip which gave me more of a rebellious look, perfect for a party.

Lily told me her parents were out for dinner, and wouldn't be back until later so we didn't need to sneak out. She also has a bedroom on the first floor so sneaking back in isn't a problem. We were getting a drive to the party, but probably walking back considering no one expects Will to be the designated driver, and it's his car. Ashley's house is only a few blocks away so walking really shouldn't be a problem.

Will pulls up to the house, and Ruby, and Graham are already there too. Lily and I squeeze into the backseat with Graham beside me.

"Well ladies you're all looking nice tonight," Will compliments us, not in a sleazy way surprisingly.

"Nice dark lips Emma," Graham smirks, and I can't help but smirk back at him. This is more like it, he's hot, he's nice, he's my age, and he's not my teacher.

~ ~ ~

The party scene was never really for me in the sense of dancing on tables, and having sex basically any place possible. I did love however the music, and the flirting. I know not to get super drunk, and to never put your cup down in case someone tries to spike it with something other than alcohol. I haven't seen Ashley since we got here almost 2 hours ago, I guess she's off having fun.

"I'm surprised no one has called the cops," I say over the loud music to Lily. We haven't left each other's side since we got here. The only parties that I've been to have been shut down by midnight, but it was almost 1 am now, and there were no signs of it stopping.

"Nah, everyone here pretty much minds their own business," She says, and dances around a bit holding her solo cup in the air and singing along with the music. Graham approaches me with two shots in his hand. "I'll let you two be," Lily says, and merges into the crowd of grinding teenagers.

"Care to join me Emma?" Graham asks and hands me a shot glass. Tonight I've been pretty mellow, only had a couple beers all night, but this offer is pretty irresistible.

"What is it?" I ask, smelling it. It's pretty strong.                                         

"Tequila," he answers. "Come," he says pulling me to the couch by my hand. I happily follow.

"Why did we need to do it here?" I ask, he's still holding my hand.

"Chasers," he says gesturing to the salt and lime on the table.

"I've never had tequila," I say nervously.

"We don't have to if you don't want. There are other shots over there, or just beer. Whatever you want Emma," he says genuinely. I've known Graham for a couple weeks now, and I know he's a good guy, and wouldn't try to force me into anything.

"No, I want to try it." Might as well live a little, I mean it's a party.

"Ok, don't worry I'll walk you through it," He says, and grabs the salt shaker. "Lick your hand like this," he tells me, and licks from where his thumb and pointer finger meet. I mimic him. I've seen people do this in movies, but it's still exciting. Plus I'm taking the shot with a hot guy, which is always a plus.

"For the salt to stick right," I infer.

"Exactly, here," he pours the salt where it's supposed to be on my hand, then on his too.

"This is how you do it, it's quick," he warns me, "Lick the salt, take the shot, then bite the lime. It's got a kick," he explains, his accent makes its way through every word. I nod. "Ready Emma?" he asks me.

"Yeah let's go," I say looking directly into his eyes. They're so blue, like Mr. Jones-STOP Emma!

I lick the salt, take the shot, and bite into the lime right away. I squirm in my seat, the burn is so strong. Graham takes the shot like a pro, just squints his eyes, and shakes his head once.

"Holy crap that's strong," I say still pursing my lips. He smiles, his smile is so genuine.

"That's tequila," he laughs. I look up at him, and our eyes meet again, this time I'm not holding back. With a little liquid courage, I pull him into a kiss which quickly turns into making out. He's a really good kisser... His hand is on my thigh, and he gently squeezes making me push our lips together even harder. Within no time his tongue was sliding along my bottom lip for entrance, and I happily let it. I pull myself onto his lap, straddling him on the couch, and wrap my hands around his neck. It is passionate, but we both break apart to catch our breath.

"That was..." he starts to say.

"A one time thing," I whisper, still breathing heavy, into his ear. I leave a peck on his cheek, it doesn't leave a mark which means we probably just rubbed off all my lipstick. I get up off his lap, and stand up.

"So we're just two ships passing in the night?" he asks before I leave to find Lily.

"Passing closely," I say and leave towards the group of people dancing where I spot Lily.

"So how'd that go?" Lily asks.

"It was great," I say with a smile I can't control.

"Then why aren't you over there flirting away with him?" Lily asks me, and playfully hitting my shoulder.

"It's not meant to be, what else can I say?" my smile still won't fade, it's uncontrollable, but it's not about what she thinks it is.

"Why not?"

"I think I like someone else," I blurt out without even thinking, and now my smile is so wide my cheeks hurt. The truth is the kiss was good, really good, but all I could think about was Mr. Jones. When I looked into Graham's eyes, I thought about him. Every time he spoke and his accent rang through his words all I thought about was him, Mr. Jones, my teacher. It's so wrong, at least it should be, but is it actually...? I'm too drunk, of course it's wrong Emma stop!

"What who is it?!" Lily squeals.

"Mmm, not telling," I laugh. I'm not THAT drunk thank god.