Chapter 37

(Killian's POV)

Liam informs me in the morning that he has some ground rules for me and Emma. I roll my eyes at the thought, but know that he probably means no injustice. He just wants us safe.

What he told me last night is haunting me. I sneak glances at Emma all class, and can't help but see her differently. Not in the way she fears, she's not weak and broken, she's strong and guarded. For her to let me in, even with her wall so high, is amazing to me. 

At the end of first period I ask Emma to come over after school, and plan to reveal everything there. She shoots me a skeptical look, but doesn't question me. Was that true trust? She agrees to come over.

~ ~ ~

The day was long knowing that after school I would be reunited with my love. Hopefully this time we'll be together for good, without any more interruptions. I make my way home, and Liam follows suit. Patiently I wait for the buzzer to sound. When it finally does my heart rises. Finally. I buzz her in with my normal 'come on in love'. Liam sits quietly in the kitchen waiting. A few minutes later there's a knock on my front door. I answer it.

"I told you that you didn't need to knock anymore love," I say smoothly, and gesture her in with my arms. To my surprise she stays put.

"I should knock, we're not together anymore. I shouldn't really be here at all, I'm still grounded, I'm supposed to be at the library," she says sadly, then adds, "I'm not coming in Killian, I thought maybe you just had to give me back some of my things? You still have my sweater, and you know that black thong," she says. I turn my head to glance at my brother who is trying his hardest not to listen, but I know he can hear.

"No, that's not why I asked you here," I chuckle.

"Why then? We can't sneak around Killian, Liam might call the cops if he finds out," she says concerned. I can't keep a smirk from my face. "What?"

"Liam gave me the go ahead last night," I tell her. Her eyes light up immediately, and her mouth drops open.

"What?" she repeats.

"Yeah, we had a chat last night. I was going to quit for you, for us. But he understood Emma. He's allowing us to be together," I explain.

"No way!" she squeals and jumps into my arms, wrapping her legs around my waste, and immediately connecting our lips. My hands find a place on her ass, for support or course, and I sink into the kiss. She pulls gently at my bottom lip with her teeth, she's never done that before, but damn does she need to do it more. I move to pin her against the wall when I remember about Liam. My eyes shoot open, and I break this kiss. My head turns nervously to Liam, his eyes are wide with surprise. That was obviously more than he was bargaining to see. Emma giggles before turning her head and spotting Liam standing there. Her giggles stop, and she unwraps her legs from me as I let her down gently.

"Mr. J," she awkwardly smiles. Her blush is possibly the reddest I've ever seen it.

"Please, at this point call me Liam," he tells her, and she nods. "I'm just here to set some rules," he starts. I sigh, and roll my eyes, but Emma doesn't show a flinch of disrespect. I wonder why that is? She must be afraid Liam is going to spill her secret. Although it's too late. 

"Ok. What kind of rules?" she asks, seemingly all ears.

"Just some precautions really,"

"Liam, we are careful I promise you," I tell him again. We have been doing this for over 3 months now, and have only been caught by him.

"I would transfer Emma out of your class, but the semester is almost up, so she'll stay there. My main concern, please no fooling around at school,"

"Not even kissing?" Emma asks. Liam catches the even, and realizes we've done more.

"Nothing. If you get caught, and you're at school all hell will break loose. Don't risk that just for a kiss... or whatever it is you've done," he adds under his breath. Emma shy's away, hiding behind her hair.

"Fair enough. Anything else?" I ask as I position Emma's hair back behind her ear not letting her hide away. Hey eyes lock with mine, and she smiles softly up at me.

"More or less what I wanted to say was to keep me in the dark. I don't mean to be cold, or harsh, but I just can't know anything. If anyone found out that I knew about this, I'd lose my job, possibly serve time for being an accomplice,"

"Why did you let us get back together if you are afraid of that?" Emma asks.

"He did it for us love," I answer for him. He nods.

"Love is love, I guess," is his explanation. "I'm going to head home, leave you two to do what you do," he says awkwardly, and lets himself out. As soon as the door closes Emma bursts out into laughter.

"Why didn't you stop me from mounting you in front of him," she hits my chest, still laughing.

"Mounted? What a great description. Let's try again? Without the interruption this time," I smirk. She jumps into my arms, just like she had before, and her fingers lace in my hair. I pin her back against the wall, as I was previously planning to do, and her legs tighten around me. Our mouths are in constant contact. She pulls on my bottom lip again, and I groan. Damn she needs to keep doing that.

"You're a siren Emma," I breathe as I feel my erection continuing to grow. Oh what she does to me. She lets her body down, so she's standing against the wall propped up on her toes. Her body completely flush with mine. I know she can feel me pressing against her hip.

"I love you," I whisper in her ear before pulling away from the wall completely, leaving her breathing heavy and lips swollen. Her eyes are dilated, and she stands shocked, as I walk away through the apartment. "Well come on," I laugh as I walk into the bedroom. She's quickly beside me again, rushing from the door to my side.

"Tie?" I ask. She shakes her head no.

"I want to see you, feel you this time," she says running her hands down my arms, and lacing our hands. "I almost lost you, I want to savor it,"

"As you wish," I answer, and pick her up by her hips, and toss her on the bed. Her hair tussles even more than before, and her smile widens with excitement. I take my shirt off, and climb over her on the bed. I tug her jeans off, and run my hands down the inside of her thigh. My hand grazes her clit through the material of her underwear, and I can tell she's excited. I smirk and continue undressing both her and I. I slide easily into her, and move slowly. The pace is excruciatingly teasing for both of us, but I continue.

"Killian," she moans my name. I love when she says my name. "Faster," she pants, biting her lip fiercely.

"No, you said you wanted to feel me, and that you are," I say through gritted teeth. It's gentle, the whole thing. The buildup is long, but worth it. Her orgasm spirals out, and I finally let myself finish.

Afterwards she lays her head on my chest like many times before.

"And for the record, you're not getting that thong back. Ever." I say, which makes her giggle. The slow rise of her chest against mine is soothing. More soothing than I ever thought it would be.

Thank goodness that Liam changed his mind.