Chapter 33 - Part 2

(Emma's POV)

We make our way out onto the Ocean, farther and farther from shore. I haven't told Killian, but this is my first time on a boat. Stories like 'The Titanic' have left me very nervous about the whole thing.

"Watch the water, not the shore love," Killian calls out to me, obviously sensing my nerves about the furthering coast. I do as he told me, and look the opposite direction, towards the endless ocean. I'm not sure this is any better... "Calm down and enjoy the breeze, the ocean air," he tells me. I'm trying. I need a distraction, and the best one I can think of is at the wheel.

Carefully I get up, and walk over to Killian. I fumble a bit, but make it without falling. He pulls me closer to him, his left hand on my waist.

"I didn't know you sailed," I say.

"Ah yes well it's me and my brothers pass time, well was. Liam doesn't get out here much anymore unless I drag him."

"He doesn't like it anymore?" I question.

"Oh he still loves it, he's just so busy with his family and everything that he doesn't get to much," he explains to me.

"How did you get into sailing?" I ask. It's a pretty expensive pass time.

"I was always drawn to sailing, since I was a child. So I bought a boat, and decided I should probably learn to sail it," he answers nonchalantly. Wow. Fancy car, nice apartment, and a boat. How does he afford all that on a teacher's salary? I almost lose my balance, but Killian catches me in his arms.

"You ok there love? You're not getting seasick are you?" he asks me.

"No, just a little clumsy," I blush. The boat slows, and Killian lets go of the wheel. He leads me to the small padded bench I was sitting on earlier, and tugs me onto his lap. I giggle. He takes my lifejacket off.

"You don't need this anymore, and I want to hold you," he tells me. I lean back against his chest, and lace our fingers together.

"It's beautiful," I say calmly as we watch the water sway. The boat is still rocking, but it's much calmer now that we are just floating.

"I thought you'd like it. It's always been where I feel at home," he tells me. I admire the clear sky, and dark blue ocean. As concerned as I was to come out here, it was definitely worth it.

"Home," I repeat softly. Something I've never felt I've never had.

~ ~ ~

After a few hours we start heading back to shore, and arrive back on dry land without crashing. Maybe I was being a little paranoid, maybe.

Killian holds his hand out for me to take, and helps me off the boat. We head to his car, and start the drive to his apartment.

"How was your first trip on the water?" he asks as we drive. I turn to him in shock. I never told him it was my first time.

"How'd you know it was?" I ask.

"You're somewhat of an open book love,"

"It was pretty great," I admit. "You seem really calm on the water, not as... strict," I say avoiding the word bossy.

"Everything's different out there, I leave my problems at the shore. Will you come with me again?" he asks, and places his hand on my thigh. He wants me with him where he feels at home!

"Yes, of course."

We pull up to his apartment and take the elevator up. In the elevator he takes me by surprise and pins me up against the wall in a make out session. What a welcomed surprise that was. We walk into his apartment, his arm around my wait, and my head leaning on his shoulder. I see that there is a bottle of wine on the counter, and an open cookbook awaiting us.