Chapter 11

(Emma's POV)

It's Wednesday, and the day went by so slow. Even math with Killian was grueling, it just felt like time stood still. After school all I want to do is sleep, and watch TV, but apparently Ingrid has another plan for me. Ingrid has to go to the dentist, and Elsa is out, which means I'm taking Anna to gymnastics. Great. At least I get to use the car for once.

"Anna let's go!" I yell upstairs, and she comes running down in her leotard.

"Where's Elsa, she's supposed to come this week," Anna whines a bit.

"I think she forgot Anna I'm sorry, I'll make sure she takes you next week," I tell her, and she nods. "Alright let's try and be early, and not late this time," I say picking up her gymnastics bag, and snatching the car keys that are hanging on the wall. Damn I feel like a soccer mom right now.

"Who was that last time?" Anna asks as she buckles her seat belt.

"What?" I ask her.

"That guy that was taking to you last time, you seemed nervous," she says innocently. She has no idea what she's poking at right now, thank God.

"He's one of my teachers, Mr. Jones. He was there with his niece from the class before yours," I tell her. She nods, and seems satisfied with the answer. I drive into the parking lot of the gymnastics studio and park. We get out and walk in. This time we are a bit early, and there's no rush. We even watch the younger kids do their final exercise which looks like running in a circle to me.  I spot Melody in the group, and she waves at me, which surprises me. I didn't expect her to remember me.

Anna heads into the change room to meet with the rest of her class, and the little kids come running into the lobby searching for their parents. Melody, instead of looking for her parents comes to me.

"Hi Emma," she smiles at me. When did she learn my name? I guess Killian told it to her after we ran into each other.

"Hi Melody, where are your parents?" I ask and look around. I don't see Mr. J anywhere, but his wife could be around. The room is kind of hectic with all the kids still riled up. She shrugs.

"I don't know," she says after looking around.

"They're not here? You don't see them?"

"No," she says sadly. I guess they are running late. How ironic that the other Jones isn't on time.

"Um, ok well we will sit and wait. I'm sure they will be here in a couple minutes," I say, and sit down on one of the many benches around the lobby. Melody crawls up onto the bench, but instead of sitting beside me she sits on my lap. It's unexpected, but I can't help but smile. "Who normally picks you up?"

"Daddy," she says. "Killy coming?" she asks referring to Killian. Oh that's too cute, Killy

"Um I'm not sure, but I doubt it. If it was your uncle there's no way he'd be late," I tell her. I wrap my hands around her, and pull her closer to me, making her more comfortable on my lap. We sit and watch Anna's class for a few minutes, before the receptionist calls out Melody's name, and scans the room.

"She's here" I say, and she looks at me strange, which actually makes sense because no one knows who I am. She waves us over, and I place Melody on the ground.

"Nooo," she whines, and reaches her hands up for me to carry her. I can tell she's getting tired and crashing from how active she was during her class. She looks up at me with her blue eyes and long lashes.

"Ok, come here" I say, and place her on my hip. As I walk up to the desk I can see that the receptionist is on the phone.

"Um she's accompanied Mr. Jones," I hear her say into the phone. I can only imagine the panic that she just sent Mr. J into, thinking that someone random is with his 3 year old daughter. "Miss who are you?" she asks me.