Chapter 32

(Liam's POV)

Today is the first monthly teacher meeting that I'm leading. These things were honestly the most dreaded part of my job as a teacher, but now being principle I'm seeing how helpful they can be. At least this month I was able to change the meeting from the normal Monday morning to a Tuesday. That's a substantial improvement right?

I pick up coffee for myself, and a couple dozen donuts for the staff. Why not lessen the blow of having to wake up earlier with a sugary pastry?

"Good morning," I announce as I walk into the half-filled teachers' lounge. I guess my original plan to get here early didn't work out so well, Melody was in a mood this morning. "Donut?" I ask around, and most people take a one.

I wait until 7:30, when the meeting officially starts, and notice that everyone is here expect for Killian. We haven't talked since our blow out the other day. I was hoping he'd show up, at least out of professional courtesy, but alas he isn't here. "Let's get started shall we?" I start the meeting.

~ ~ ~

As expected, Killian didn't show up for the meeting at all. I can see his car in the parking lot, and with 10 minutes until the bell I make my way to his classroom. I let myself in, in a huff, closing the door behind me. I really didn't need my little brother undermining me in front of all my employees this morning. Killian looks to me, and rolls his eyes.

"Have a swell morning?" I ask very hostile.

"Aye, had a nice run, and stopped somewhere for coffee," he says smugly, knowing exactly what he missed.

"Grow up Killian, this is your job. You can't do whatever you want because your big brother is in charge," I scold. Killian's always respected me, like a mentor, but something has gotten under his skin.

"Older brother," he responds, gritting his teeth. Ah yes how that irks him. Mr. Superior over here.

"Why the bloody hell are you so mad at me brother? Don't tell me this is about my promotion, because that's complete rubbish." I say, rubbing my temples. I know it's an action we have in common, Ariel mentions it to me all the time.

"I don't want to talk about this Liam, especially not here with my students on the other side of the door," he responds.

"Fine, but do your job Killian," I say sternly, and walk heatedly out the door. As I pass the students in the hallway I try to hide my displeasure, but I'm not convinced it's working.

~ ~ ~

(Killian's POV)

My students start to flood into my room as soon as Liam leaves, and I'm steaming. Mr. Perfect couldn't handle his younger brother not being under his thumb anymore? Too bad. I know I don't measure up to the bar he set, so I'm not trying anymore.

The only thing all class that keeps me from blowing my top on my students is Emma in the corner of the room. I still wish she sat up here with me, but at least from up here I can gaze at her.

I text Emma in between classes, just sweet messages that tide me over for the day.

~ ~ ~

(Emma's POV)

I've been getting nice little texts from Killian all day, and I can't keep myself from blushing in the middle of class. Oh well. I have my man back. In between 4th and last period I get a phone call. I wait outside the classroom door, and answer.