Chapter 6

Winterfrost blinked open her eyes. For a moment, she thought she was back in Rainclan, sleeping side by side with her clan-mates. She heard her little kits playing. Winterfrost lept to her paws. She was in Rainclan! It was just a dream! She got to her paws and padded outside the den. Wait, if it was a dream, that meant Featherwisp was still alive! Winterfrost felt her paws carry her towards the medicine den. Her heart filled with joy as she saw the familiar face of Featherwisp, mumbling something and pawing through herbs.

"Featherwisp!" Winterfrost ran towards her sister. Featherwisp looked up. She seemed to look past her.

"Featherwisp?" Winterfrost skidded to a halt. Her sister had gotten to her paws and padded outside the den as if she haden't even arrived. Now, it was night time. Winterfrost tilted her head. Wasn't it just day time? She must have imagined it. Featherwisp perked her ears and padded through the camp entrance, murmuring to Poppyroot that she was getting herbs. Winterfrost followed her a few tail-lengths behind. Suddenly she stopped. Her ears swivled around and she glared at Winterfrost.

"What are you doing here!?" She hissed, her eyes filled with anger and hatred, along with a bit of fear.

"I-I" Winterfrost began but was cut off as she realized that it was not her that Featherwisp was speaking to. Winterfrost turned her head and saw Snowypaw and Graypaw, staring bewildered at Featherwisp.

"We thought it would be fun to leave the camp.." Snowypaw started.

"Snowykit, Graykit, you are not supposed to be here! You're supposed to be in the camp! Go back, now!" Featherwisp ordered.

"But can't we help you with collecting herb-" Graypaw was cut short.

"Now, kits! Go back to Winterfrost! And if either of you tell anyone about this, you will not hear the end of it. Got that?" Featherwisp hissed. Winterfrost had never seen so much anger in her sister's eyes. Before this, she was never really angry. She would just brush it off, and when she was anger, it wasn't much. Now, anger seemed to fill her, from head to tail tip. Winterfrost almost fell backwards at the impact her sister was giving off. Graypaw and Snowypaw's eyes filled with terror and they raced back to the camp with their tails and heads held low.

"What was that for?" Winterfrost hissed, her fur rising in anger. Featherwisp did not reply, instead, she padded towards the border of Sunclan. What would she want over there? She wouldn't steal herbs from the other clan, would she? Winterfrost wondered. But as she came nearer, she saw that Featherwisp was starting to sniff around. As soon as she had arrived, Fireclaw emerged from across the border.

"Winterfrost?" he meowed hopefully. Winterfrost felt the urge to run towards him. As she padded forward, Featherwisp stepped in front of him.

"No, it's Featherwisp.." she started.

"What are you doing here? You know we can't be here." Fireclaw growled.

"And what, Winterfrost is allowed to?" Featherwisp retorted. Her eyes where filled with pain but she kept her voice steady.

"That's different." Fireclaw muttured, looking away.

"What about before Winterfrost?" Featherwisp asked, her voice turning soft.

"Before Winterfrost?" Fireclaw shot a hard glare at her.

"Before Winterfrost, you weren't supposed to be here. Medicine cat." Fireclaw challanged, standing up. Winterfrost felt her fur rise. Why had Featherwisp brought her up?

"I chose to be a medicine cat because I'm loyal! I thought maybe it would be easier to meet up with you but also do my duty to serve my clan! I was already caught the time we met as kits. Winterfrost never knew about it then! I chose to be a medicine cat, to gain every cat's trust again." Featherwisp shouted, her voice rising.

"Winterfrost didn't have to earn her clan's trust! She was trusted already. It's not my fault or my problem that you left your camp without any cat knowing. I told my siblings, and you didn't tell yours. Winterfrost would have told you, she trusts you! But at the gatherings I can see the way you look at her. You don't even care anymore! Your heart is guided by revenge, and I don't want any part of it." Fireclaw didn't even flinch, even though it was clear he knew that Featherwisp was struggling to keep up.

"I didn't become a medicine cat just so that my friend and my sister could become mates!" Featherwisp's fur bristled.

"I don't care what you think anymore! I am Winterfrost's mate, not yours! If you can't deal with that, you can just go!" Fireclaw was loosing his patients. Winterfrost saw his claws flex. Winterfrost willed her sister and her mate to just put their tail over their mouths, but of course, that didn't happen.

"Fine! You and Winterfrost can have your 'dream life' for all I care! You are not my friend. Your not even my companion anymore. And as for Winterfrost, if she left the clan and died fighting rogues, I would be laughing if it meant you where suffering! You will never know the pain I went through. You will never feel the way I did. Not until you loose the very soul that you care about most. Then, I will be content! And then maybe you will come to your senses!" Featherwisp yowled at him. Pain filled her voice, but she did not give away what she was feeling. She spun around and fled into the forest.

"Featherwisp, wait!" Winterfrost's voice cracked with sorrow. She did not want that to happen. Oh Starclan, why didn't you tell me? This is my fault! She sped after Featherwisp, but she had gone to far ahead.

"Wait! I didn't know! Please!" Winterfrost yowled, feeling herself growing faster and faster that she seemed to be flying. Then, with a jolt, her eyes opened. She was in the Cloudclan camp. Winterfrost tried hard to shake off the feeling that it was her fault, but she could not.

"Oh Featherwisp." Winterfrost whispered.

"I swear I didn't know... forgive me."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And then GlaringShadow felt her fingers fly off after typing this chapter because she typed it so fast. Well, that was a dramatic chapter. I notice that in every book there is at least ONE drama chapter that is basically just a flood of drama. I'd say that this chapter you don't HAVE to read to still understand what goes on, but it will be pretty important soon so if I where you I'd read it and get on with it. I promise that the upcoming chapters will not be like this! I will not make them ultra-drama like I did this one. Usually I don't do that because I sometimes HATE drama, but the dramatic chapters are always some of the most interesting, so I figured I'd just throw this out there. More coming soon! (Wow. I've never worked on a book so long in my entire life. O.O)

Don't forget to vote and follow! =3