Chapter 23

Darksoul opened his eyes and extended is claws for a grip on the tree branch. Then he realized why he was up there and stretched, then climbed down.

"Camp is that way, sooo..." Darksoul turned away from camp. Unknown territory is that way! He concluded. He started in the direction he was sure to find Winterfrost. While walking, he thought about what Firestar had explained. It didn't make much sense to him. But he knew what he would choose, besides, Darkstripe would probably kill him if he chose otherwise. He was so lost in thought that he stumbled into a ditch.

"Ouch!" He meowed like a kit. Stupid ditch! He thought angrilly and stomped away.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Winterfrost's POV

Winterfrost knew exactly which direction Rainclan camp was. She knew the direction of all the camps now, it seemed. She didn't know how or why, but she just did. She would use this to her advantage. Winterfrost tasted the air and noticed a strange scent in the air.

"Pine.... But this is an oak forest!" Winterfrost tilted her head in thought. Wait, that smell was a specific smell, almost life-like... Suddenly, an all black tom leaped out from behind a bush.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Back to Darksoul's POV! I'm annoying that way ;D

Darksoul knew Winterfrost's scent like his own tail, and it wasn't hard to finally track her down. She always smelled of the river.

"Winterfrost! What are you doing out here?" He lashed his tail side to side, waiting what she would reply in this... stage.

"Going back to Rainclan." She hissed.

"Kill her!" A voice sounded in his head. Wait, what? He gasped. Kill her! She still has a chance to change back, kill her now before she does! It was Darkstripe's voice. I can't kill my own sister... Darksoul decided. You have already killed one of your sisters! Just do it again!

"This time, it is different!" Darksoul hissed out loud. Just then, Darksoul saw Darkstripe padding up to him with a smirk on his face.

"Oh I see, you're just too weak to kill a cat from the prophecy!" Darkstripe taunted. His tail lashed and his teeth were bared in an evil smile.

"I am not weak!" Darksoul yowled and launched himself at Darkstripe.

"I understand now what Firestar meant. And it's always been your fault!" He slashed at Darkstripe's chest.

"If you had listened to me, none of this would have happened." Darkstripe defended himself, then surprised Darksoul, using his weight to knock him over, then pinning him down. Winterfrost watched blankly, but soon she began to start understanding what was happening. Slowly.

 "I may have been the one to kill Featherwisp in the end, but it was because of your constant voice urging me on. All this time I thought you were leading me to a greater destiny, a greater path, but you've only been dragging me off the destiny I always wanted! The destiny I should have gotten!" Darksoul rolled over, making Darkstripe stumble. He then saw Firestar nearby. Firestar gave him a small nod, then was gone. Darksoul didn't let himself get distracted, and knocked Darkstripe off of him.

"I taught you too well. We will meet again, but not here, not now. Go ahead and take your sister back to Rainclan. We will be waiting for you." Darkstripe had regained his balance, and disappeared.

"Winterfrost?" Darksoul perked his ears and turned towards his surprised sister, who seemed to just recollect herself.

"Wha-what was that? Who was that?" She asked slowly as if she had just seen a ghost.

"That was Darkstripe.. he's the leader of the Dark Forest, a place I think you're newly familiar with." Just as Darksoul started talking, lightning crashed somewhere nearby and nearly four seconds after thunder boomed and shook the ground. Soon after, a downpour of rain seemed to come out of nowhere, drenching the two cats in a coat of cold water.

"We need to rest.. we are in no condition to travel. What where you doing out here anyways?" Darksoul meowed, flicking his tail to a nearby tree that's leaves covered the branches.

"I don't remember... Wait... I think I was going to get the other clans! We need to get them... we need to-" Darksoul broke into Winterfrost's sentence

"There is no time! Even if we left now and walked the whole way non-stop it would still be too late. As it is, if we left for even our clans right now the battle will already have started by noon tomorrow. There is no way we can get there anyways, we are both tired." Darksoul lead Winterfrost to the tree, and the two didn't even bother climbing up to the shelter of deep within the branches.

"H-he said... we will be waiting for you... what did he mean?" Winterfrost asked curiously and scaredly, shaking water out of her ears. Another explosion of lightning cracked somewhere farther out, as if it was trying to stop their conversation.

"An..." Darksoul started regretfully

"An... Ambush on the clans... and.. Thistleclan.. is on their side."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WOOO END OF BOOK 2!! BOOK 3 IN COMING OUT SOON!!! THE WRAP UP FOR EVERYTHING :D What do you guys think? How am I doing so far? I have MAJORLY improved since book 1, I know that much, and I have my awesome teacher Mrs. Brown to thank for that! Sorry about the whole dramatic rain and lightning thing, but I only added that in because, well, FUN FACT, Just while I was writing that part thunder and rain came at that exact time! XD So every time I mentioned lightning and rain and all that weather in this chapter, it's because it happened in real life and I felt like adding it.

What do you think? Do you think I should continue this series kinda like the Warriors series and continue this with another series? If so, comment "Cisco" but if you think I should just keep this series the way it is and just end it at Book 3, comment "Sadie" ! (Sorry, I'm using my cats' names. Cisco is mine and Sadie is my mom's <X3 They're so cute o3o)