Chapter 18

Winterfrost felt dizzy. All there was around her was nothing. What was the color of nothing? She couldn't describe it. It was a color she had never seen before, and something that made her eyes hurt and her pelt sting. She tried to close her eyes but it seemed brighter there.

"Yellowfang!" She wailed. All she had seen was the unknown color since she closed her yes.

"Yellowfang!!!" She cried again, this time louder. Winterfrost felt like stumbling on her paws. Then again, what are paws? Did she even have any? She looked down, and gasped. Or, tried to. She didn't have paws. Then again, she didn't even have a body.. it was as if she was in a place, but not acually there...

"Yellowfan-" Winterfrost was about to call again, but something hushed her. The dark unknown color faded to darkness, a flat terrain. But soon, trees seemed to sprout out of the ground and shift into huge also unknown trees. No moon, no sun, and no stars in the sky. What was this place? It smelled of many cats.

"Yellowfang?" Winterfrost whispered. Then, the ground below her emerged into grass... but then again, it wasn't grass. It was like mud, but in the form of grass. All this thinking made Winterfrost's head hurt. She was about to try to wake up when something caught her attention. She suddenly felt threatened, but at the same time she felt like she knew this place, and not in a good way. The smell made her gag. The threat feeling was still there. Then, all at once, the shape of a cat padded out from behind the biggest tree. It was a tom. A dark tabby tom. He had yellow eyes and when they finally focused on her, it made her flinch and it seemed like the bright gaze pierced right through her, reading her thoughts and knowing how scared she was.

"You're not Yellowfang..." Winterfrost began, then the tom's expression fell to a scowl.

"Why would you want to mess with that cat when you can talk with us?" The tom growled cooly as if everything and nothing was wrong at the same time.

"Who are you?" Winterfrost snapped, but her voice shook a little bit. The tom laughed.

"I am Darkstripe. Leader of this forest. I am here to introduce you and give you the offer of a life time, one you will accept." The tom leaped up into the tree's lowest branch.

"What do you want?" Winterfrost couldn't keep her fear out of her voice this time.

"Young cat, you have no reason to fear me. I am here to help you, to make you a great and respected cat! We want you." As if on silent signal, three more cats leaped out of the undergrowth. They too, were as scary as Darkstripe.

"I am Mapleshade. My past was dark and grimm. My own mate rejected me when our kits fell in a river. But then I came here after my death being a rogue. My future is bright now, and yours will be too." A she-cat with an orange stripe on her back stepped forward. Her amber eyes were soft like a mother towards kits, but still warned Winterfrost that she had better not make any mistakes here.

"I am Snowtuft. My clan sent me through many battles, and in the end when I failed them, I was cast out with this battle scar as a mark of my failure. But I have used it wisely, and now I am respected as you will also be." A pure white tom stepped forward. He had a huge scar that reached from his top ear under to his belly.

"I am Icefang. I was deeply respected by my clan-mates until a horrible death of a cat in my clan was framed on me. I was exiled, but was able to flee to Shadowclan were I felt welcome and free there. My past didn't get in the way of me anymore, and neither will yours." A white tabby tom with blue stripes and two blue stripes reaching from each cheek to his chin, making him look dangerous.

"We are all united because of our past, and we want you to join us. I am Darkstripe. I was friends with a cat who fought for what should have been his in the first place. But when he died a horrible death killed in the paws of the Bloodclan leader, I sought to kill the Thunderclan cat who started this whole thing. In the end, I was killed by this Thunderclan cat's best friend. In this forest, I have learned of my mistakes and will never proceed with them again. But, I do have new plans, just like you will." Darkstripe finished his full introduction and the other three cats dipped their heads and backed into the forest so that Darkstripe could talk alone with Winterfrost.

"We want you to join us. You will be able to get revenge on the ones who have wronged you, and have the power to wipe out all of Thistleclan. Although, by the time you're done, you will want to take revenge on Rainclan." Darkstripe meowed, yellow eyes gleaming.

"I would never want to take revenge on any clan! Thistleclan can be fixed, and it's not all of Rainclan's fault that I was exiled!" Winterfrost defended the clans, fur bristling. She had gotten used to the tom now, and feared him little.

"Thistleclan started all these issues. And what did you get in return? Rainclan exiled you. But no, it wasn't just Rabbitstar's decision. The rest of the cats agreed. Even your own mother, and Darksoul! You cannot deny that!" Darkstripe sneered.

"But-" Winterfrost was cut off.

"We will take over the clans and make them gain control. Everything will be under our power! and we need cats like you to help us. You will help us." Darkstripe demanded.

"I will not do any such thing!" Winterfrost protested. Darkstripe didn't seem bothered at all. In fact, he seemed happier than ever.

"Yes, you will." Darkstripe glared into her eyes. Winterfrost wanted to drag her gaze away but she couldn't. Thoughts ran through her mind.

"You have forgotten that you are on my territory, haven't you? You will do what I say." Darkstripe snickered. His eyes seemed to glow brighter and Winterfrost felt the world spinning faster and faster until all she could see was black.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Darkstripe's POV

Winterfrost seemed dazed, her thoughts clouded.

"Who are you?" Darkstripe asked. Winterfrost blankly looked up at him, as expected.

"I am Winterfrost, my parents are unknown, my sister is dead, and my brother is part of the dark forest. I was exiled from my clan, and will work with the dark forest to take control of the clans. The original clans may have gotten away with being alone, but these clans have no prophecies except for me. And I say, Let the wars blast on, and let the dark forest take control!" Darkstripe smirked. He knew his power had worked. If only he had known of it down in the forest. He then kind of felt bad. He had watched Winterfrost's spirited personallity, and seen her deal with things even when a normal cat may not want to. Her spirit would be missed. The, Darkstripe shook the thought out of his head. This was just one cat. A cat nobody cared for or would miss. The white she-cat was finally part of the dark forest, and their plan was going smoothly. All they needed now, was a battle. Then, their victory would be known, and the forest would be theirs!

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Spoooooookyyyyy. I'm sorry, I feel bad for posting this XD. But, something had to catch the reader's attention since I haven't posted anything in a while and have been thinking about this chapter for *exageration*  a long time (Actually I winged it.... <=3). I'll try to be more active. And a little spoiler for anyone who wants to read it.....

Winterfrost doesn't stay in trance forever! (Seriously, what kind of book would this be if that did happen?)

I like pie.

Anyways, thanks for reading! Feel free to comment on what you think should happen!