Chapter 15

Panthertuft's POV

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Panthertuft raced back through the forest the way she and Winterfrost came. She really liked being around Winterfrost and somehow she knew they could trust eachother. Panthertuft kept running towards the oak. She skidded to a halt when she arrived, and gasped. It seemed like the cats had never been hurt! She nodded to the blur brown she knew was Acornfoot, who was rushing to Swiftclover. The she-cat looked a bit battered, but Panthertuft knew she would be fine. Panthertuft padded straight to Shadowstar, who looked expectantly around her. She knew he was looking for Winterfrost, but the gray-white she-cat had already left. She was probably far from the territory Panthertuft had last saw her.

"Winterfrost is not with me. She had something more important to do." She explained, not even trying to hide the sadness that she knew shown from her eyes. Shadowstar focused on something behind her as if Winterfrost would pad out of the undergrowth at any time, then focused his brilliant gaze on Panthertuft. He dipped his head.

"Where are we going?" He asked, tilting his head.

"Dawnstar has agreed to let Cloudclan stay with them until Thistleclan is.... well.... fixed...." Panthertuft didn't want to be more rude then she had to. Shadowstar's eyes widened, then he nodded slowly.

"It sounds like Winterfrost would do that." Shadowstar murmured, then lept up onto the high tree.

"Cats of Cloudclan! Dawnstar has agreed to let our clan stay with them until we do something about Thistleclan. We will move as soon as possible. Acornfoot, you can have Swiftclover, Violetrose, Bluerain, and Toadleap to help you carry herbs." Shadowstar announced, head held high despite that he was in pain. Panthertuft knew he had refused to be treated with herbs until the other cats where. Shadowstar was a great leader, but he could be a bit aggresive at times. Whitepaw should become a medicine cat if he wants. Panthertuft also knew that Shadowstar had given up and would let Whitepaw choose his destiny.

"Whitepaw, I want you to look for herbs before we get into Sunclan territory." Whitepaw's blue eyes grew wide as he heard Shadowstar speak.

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't have doubted you. You are free to walk the path you choose, even if I don't like it." Shadowstar meowed, catching Whitepaw's gaze. Whitepaw's eyes became filled with joy, and he raced to Acornfoot to ask him what herbs to look for. Shadowstar gave a curt nod, and flicked his tail to show his clan to follow him.

Half reluctant, the clan cats slowly started following their leader into the bright forest. It seemed like it would be dark in a forest, but Panthertuft  guessed it was probably better that way, not surrounded by shade. Although she liked shade, it seemed she was near it all the time in the Dark Forest. Being in the light made her at ease.