Chapter 12

Eaglesea had been reluctantly accepted into Cloudclan. Shadowstar had done a quick naming ceremony, refusing to leave without a proper ceremony in his own territory. Winterfrost saw Eaglesea helping some of the warriors, who where trying to figure out where they would go along with Shadowstar. Winterfrost sighed.

"Thornstar needs to be set right." She murmured to herself, lost in thought. It was only when a sharp nudge from Shadowstar that she snapped back to reality.

"Winterfrost?" Shadowstar meowed, looking around. Winterfrost dipped her head. At least one cat knew her real name.

"Yes, Shadowstar?" Winterfrost replied warily, still not wanting to forgive him just yet.

"I'd like your opinion on where we should go. You know the territories better than I do. And with Thornstar taking over Cloudclan's territory, we have no time to try to find out where everything else is." Shadowstar explained, worry in his eyes. Winterfrost stiffened. Shadowstar was counting on her for advice? She couldn't bring them to Rainclan. Could they go to Sunclan? Sunclan won't be as welcoming as they where before, since I left. Winterfrost thought. But where else could they go? She held a sigh of confusion. They had no where else to go. They didn't have any other choice.

"We should go to Sunclan." Winterfrost announced. Shadowstar looked taken aback.

"Sunclan? They won't welcome us! In our stage," Shadowstar cast a worried glance at his clan.

"Sunclan could tear us apart if we make one hostile move!" Shadowstar whispered. Winterfrost thought for a moment.

"I'll handle that. Stay here!" Winterfrost instructed. It seemed weird to order a leader to do something, but she had permission. Quickly, she dashed from the make shift camp. Suddenly she heard paws behind her, and Panthertuft appeared from a nearby bush.

"Where are you going?" She asked and fell in pace with Winterfrost. Winterfrost hesitated to answer. But then, feeling their fur brush together, she somehow knew she could trust this cat.

"I'm going to Sunclan. The plan is to join with Rainclan and Sunclan to set Darkclan- I mean Thistleclan, right." She spat the word Thistleclan.

"Cool! I have been wanting to team up with those two clans for a while. I hate Darkclan! I will never speak their horrid 'new' clan name. I think that we should attack straight in. 50+ cats all attacking one clan is enough to confuse even Starclan!" Winterfrost looked at Panthertuft. The look Panthertuft was giving off showed that her words meant more than Winterfrost knew.

"I won't be able to join you," Winterfrost started sadly. Panthertuft's brilliant yellow gaze rested on her.

"What do you mean? Of course you can! Our clan has already welcomed you. I'm sure Sunclan won't mind!" Panthertuft seemed to be trying desperately to convince her to stay. Winterfrost shook her head. They where still racing through the forest and talking, but Winterfrost knew she had to tell her friend the truth.

"My real name is not Winter," Winterfrost continued. Panthertuft's eyes widened.

"It's... Winterfrost."

"What? But that's a clan name!" Panthertuft gasped, clearly surprised.

"I know. I used to be in a clan, Rainclan. But I was exiled for..." her voice trailed off. She wasn't quite ready to tell her newest friend about why she was exiled. Panthertuft nodded in understanding, thought her shoulders seemed to droop sadly.

"I will fight alongside you when the time comes, but for now, my path is not here. I can't stay because Sunclan knows my real name. If Cloudclan finds out I used to be from Rainclan, they'll think I've been a spy and they will probably join with Thistleclan," Winterfrost explained. They where nearing the camp now. Winterfrost knew that she would have to bring Panthertuft along too. They where too far in the territory for Panthertuft to get more luck in not getting seen on the way back.

"Well, I'll miss you." Panthertuft finally said. Her black fur was prickling with sadness but she kept her voice steady.

"I'll miss you too. Hey, I'll make you a promise. If Rainclan doesn't accept me back, I'll join Cloudclan. Forever. But if I am accepted, I will always look for you at gatherings." Winterfrost felt her voice starting to rise with sadness. Panthertuft nodded but didn't say anything else. They arrived quickly to the entrance.

"Ok," Winterfrost murmured as they stopped. She started pushing through the ravine.

"Here we go."