Chapter 10

Winterfrost woke to the feeling of something wrong. She lifted her head and tasted the air. Something was wrong! She got to her paws and stretched. Then, she peered outside and saw that 5 cats where padding into the camp. She was about to give a warning yowl but an elder beat her too it. Moonshade's yowl echoed around the camp. One of the five cats flinched, but remained position. Cats padded out of their dens, but where alert as soon as they saw the newcomers.

"Thornstar? What brings you here?" Shadowstar's voice rasped from the other end of the clearing. He padded up to the massive black-gray tabby.

"Have you forgotten already?" Thornstar hissed impatiently, clawing at the ground with thorn-sharp claws.

"About what?" Shadowstar looked confused.

"Our plan to attack Sunclan and Rainclan!" Thornstar growled, glaring at Shadowstar. Winterfrost winced at the mention of attacking Rainclan.

"Oh, that plan." Shadowstar murmured though Winterfrost could tell it was half to himself.

"Don't you remember? We have the power to control every clan in the forest! I think the only one holding us back is you." Thornstar slid his claws out, but the Cloudclan cats quickly formed a protective line in front of Shadowstar, ready to attack if Thornstar dared to do something. Thornstar gave a laugh.

"I see there are some traitors among us?" Thornstar's voice was icy calm.

"We aren't traitors! We where never traitors! The only traitors in the forest are Darkclan!" Swiftclover, a cat Winterfrost had seen only a few times, retorted, fur bristling. She was a cat Winterfrost thought would be cool to hang out with, but never got the chance to say 'hi'.

"Darkclan? What is Darkclan?" Thornstar asked sarcastically, tilting his head.

"We are now known as Thistleclan! I even did the ceremony! And the rest of the clan agrees, so join us! Thistleclan and Cloudclan will unite, and create Battleclan!" Thornstar yowled. The other 4 cats yowled approval.

"I will think about your offer, Thornstar. But is it really necessary? Think, what are we fighting for? Power? You can't have more power than Starclan grants you!" Shadowstar challanged, flicking his tail for his warriors to move away from him. The line broke and surprisingly, Swiftclover padded over to Winterfrost, who had padded to join the rest of the cats, and sat down next to her.

"Oh, but I can! Starclan never helped us, Starclan never helped me! My entire family died beneath Starclan's paws and they didn't even lift a claw to help! Starclan will pay for what they did to me, and for abandoning my clan! If you won't join me, some, precautions," He flicked his tail and instantly, more than 17 cats streamed into the camp behind Thornstar.

"Will be made." He finished with a wave of his tail.

"We don't have to fight, we will let you go back to your territory without battle." Shadowstar meowed uneasily.

"Our own territory?" Thornstar sounded shocked.

"We are in our territory. And we don't intend to leave. Not now, not ever. Any cat who wants to join us will fight beside us now!" At first, no cat moved. Then, a white cat with gray patches padded up to Thornstar and sat beside his warriors. Winterfrost instantly recognized the familiar pelt of Snowdrop. She never really hated her, but for some reason Snowdrop couldn't stand Winterfrost. Every time Winterfrost greeted her, Snowdrop would hiss in defiance and race away. A few other cats that would hang around Snowdrop followed her. When no other cat moved, there where 6 Cloudclan cats that had joined Thistleclan.

"Some of your warriors are wise at least." Thornstar grunted.

"Get out of our camp!" Shadowstar's tail lashed from side to side.