G E S T U R E

My eyes widened. "Excuse me?" I asked. I couldn't help the rude tone my question consisted of. I earned an eye roll from one of the taller nameless boys. Just what I needed, enemies.
    "I'm sorry, I'm just..... I'm confused."
Confused, an emotion I had been feeling a lot recently.
    "Don't worry. How about we take you back to our home, explain things." Sam suggested.
    "How do I know you're not all rapists?" laughter flooded my ears as the boys looked at me in amusement. Embarrassment covered my features. One of the laughing boys took three long strides to me, placing a hand on my shoulder.
     "Come on. Lets head back. You're one of us now, baby." He said. "You got that right!" Another yelled. I nodded my head and stayed silent, an attempt to stop embarrassing myself more than I already had. I had never been a shy girl before, but for some reason I was now the most self concious I had ever been.
      I traveled in the middle of the herd of boys around me. Sam and another walked in front of me, leading the way, while two walked by my sides and behind me. I noticed the suspicious glances and facial expressions the boys made to each other, like they were communicating in a secret language. I felt more self conscious than before as I heard wordless whispers from behind me. The walk lasted ten minutes before someone said something, it was the boy to my right- the same one that had approached me before.
     "So, whats your name, pretty lady?"   
     "Oh my God Jared! We've known her fifteen minutes and you're already flirting." A boy yelled from behind us.
    "How is asking her for her name flirting? You are such a jerk!" Jared hollered back. "It's okay hun, I wont let him mess with you." Jared assured as he wrapped his arm around my waist, pulling me close to his hard body. I blushed at the gesture and laughed lightly.     
    "Umm, Taylor." I shook my head, not understanding my hesitation.
    "Well Taylor, you have a nice a-"
    "Seriously Jared? Cut it out." The boy to my left spoke. He grabbed my hand and yanked me away from Jared's grip.
    "Ignore him, he's a doughhead. I'm Jacob by the way." he smiled, I smiled back, grateful that he saved me from Jared's uncomfortable hold. My smile made his widen, and I unconsciously took a moment to admire his beautiful smile. The type of smile to brighten your day. His presence just made me feel...happy. Whistles rang and Jacob blushed, I turned to see Jared disproving.
     "What?" I asked him with honest eyes.
     "Just don't go chasin taken guys." he said with a wink. My heart dropped slightly. I was jealous of the girl that got to call Jacob hers, despite just meeting the friendly boy. I was determined to play it off, though.
     "Did that look like chasing to you?"I challenged. "It's not like I'm going around commenting on people's asses." Jared looked taken back for a quick second, but then smiled. The group booed Jared's speechlessness.
     "First time Jared's had nothing witty to say." Jacob laughed. I laughed too. My fear fading into almost nothing with the boys I was already getting along with.
     After that, one by one, the boys told me their names. Jared, Quil, Jacob, Sam, Embry and Paul were the names of my new 'pack' mates. They explained to me what I was, and who they were; werewolfs. They couldn't come up with a theory of why I am one, but they are determined to find out, at least Sam is.
     "I think the only logical explanation is that you are the offspring of a Quileute and, well..." Sam tried explaining.
     "What's logical about being a werewolf?" I asked honestly.
     "That's true," Sam replied. "'I'm just trying to understand why. What's your life like back at home?"
     "Well, I live in Seattle. I'm adopted, so I don't think that will help with your understanding." Thinking about home made me anxious.  Would I ever be going back after this? "Will I be, like, living with you guys? Or.. what's going to happen?"
     'That's, well, to be determined." Sam answered. "In all honestly, Taylor, you probably will."
     I felt a lump in my throat start to grow. I started to watch my feet pace the dirty forest floor. I didn't want to give away any emotion. "Okay." I said with more confidence than I thought I was capable of. 
"Don't worry about it, kid. It's not like you'll never see them again. You'll just have to stick with us for a bit, like rehab, you'll have to learn how to control yourself."
     "Taylor, you wont be wanting to go home after you spend a week with me." Jared proclaimed. "You'll be calling me your daddy." He then winked at me for the second time. I looked him straight in the eye and playfully punched his shoulder.
     "Too far?" he asked.
     "Beyond far."
     "Thats far."