T A T T O O

"Well, it says here you are supposed to be able to move all objects of nature!" Quil yelled. "So why aren't you?"
"I don't know! It doesn't say how to do it!" I grew frustrated. The boys thought it would be a good idea to try and practice my 'skills'. Therefore, we waited for something to happen in the middle of the forest while Quil yelled obnoxious things to me as he held the big green book of answers.
"You are making me frustrated, Taylor." Quil announced for the seventh time.
"Hey, settle down, dude. Maybe we need to support her." Jared said in a sarcastically obvious tone. "You got this, babe!" He shouted. I smiled for the first time in half an hour and tried again. The problem was I didn't know what I was doing. I didn't know if I was supposed to use my hands, words or just mental thoughts. So I stood there like an imbecile, trying tell a twig to fly with my mind. I threw my hands in the air in frustration.
"How am I supposed to do this?" I said as I turned to the boys. They were all staring intensely behind me, not bothering to look at my face. I stood there with my hands frozen in the air, waiting for them to say something.
"Hello?" I yelled. Quil gulped.
"I think you already did." He answered. I looked at him confusingly before I turned back around to find the twig high in the air. I covered my mouth with my hands, causing the piece of wood to fall to the dirt. I turned back around and looked at the boys excitedly, letting out a squeal of joy. The boys watched me in shock.
     I then concentrated my mental focus of picking up another stick that was laying near Quil's feet. I extended my hand out towards it and slowly moved it upwards, we all watched in amazement. I took advantage of Quil's distant mind and quickly I flung my arm to the right of me, causing the wood to hit his forehead.
"Hey!" He yelled as he started rubbing his head. The whole pack laughed in regalement.
"That's what tools deserve." I said seriously, causing everyone to laugh more.
"Then how come Jared gets kisses?" Quil said, still rubbing his head.
"Oh, you think you're funny." Jared said, stomping towards Quil. Jacob wrapped his arm around around Jared's chest and pulled him back.
"Hey, not today." Jacob said with an over-exaggerated smile.
"Okay! Let's try a new one." I said happily, still fascinated with my new found 'power'.
"I'm not going to help you if you keep hitting me." Quil announced.
"I haven't laid a hand on you." I said, raising my palms in the air.
"Haha, very funny. Next up is...mind reading." He said, pulling his head up from the book.
"How do I do that?" I asked doubtfully.
"I know the way to all girls hearts, but unfortunately, not this."
"Quil Ateara, are you hitting on me?" I accused, sarcastically.
"Once again, very funny, Sparten. Now, try to read our minds already!" I placed my hand on my chin and made three guesses.
"Bella." I said as I pointed to Jacob. I then pointed to Jared.
"Tonight." I winked then watched blush cover his cheeks. I laughed then pointed to Quil.
"And you, you're thinking about how to maintain your huge ego." I smiled. The five boys chuckled. Quil rolled his eyes, and I sighed. I walked towards Quil and looked into his eyes, then slapped him across the face playfully.
"Taylor! Why?" He questioned rather loudly.
"I wanted to see if it would help me read your mind. It didn't work."
"We'll work more on this tomorrow."
     We left our newly claimed practice area in triumph. The walk back was filled with stories and possibilities of what we could control, what I could control.
     Jared grabbed my hand as we passed the La Push border.
"So about tonight..." He whispered in my ear. I snorted.
"Oh baby, there is no tonight." I laughed shaking my head.
"Then wh-"
"I just wanted to be right about what at least one person was thinking. So I chose what you thought." He grunted and pouted, letting his eyebrows scrunch together in annoyance. I chuckled and kissed his cheek.
"Oh, poor baby." I said, rubbing his arm. He smiled and kissed the top of my head.
I sang loud and obnoxiously as I walked to breakfast with Embry. Jared wanted to sleep in this morning since he was on vampire watch all night. The sleepless nights were catching up to him, to everybody.
"What are you doing?" Embry asked.
"Uh, I'm singing."
"I got that."
"You know what I don't got?"
"What?"
"A pack tattoo. You're already all so unified with your no shirt with jean shorts combo, then I'm here and I can't even get a matching tattoo." Embry just shook his head and smiled.
"Well for one, I'm sure Jared would love if you followed our dress code but I think it's best if you didn't try to include yourself in that one. Second of all, nobody's holding you back. We'll all go out tonight and get you one. Good?"
"Great." I smiled.
     We walked into the crowded, loud house like so many mornings before, but this time was different. Squeezed into the small space were two familiar faces, my mom and dad. I quickly ran towards the parents I've missed. I wrapped one arm around each of their necks and pulled them into a hug.
     "Hi! What are you doing here?"
     "We came to visit you." My mom happily answered.
     "But we have some bad news." I turned to my dad with a frown.
     "The news?"
     "It's Lanessa. She's been diagnosed with Cancer."