R I G H T S

The feeling of disappointment didn't even last a tenth of a second before he was sitting only three feet away from me on the end of the sturdy branch. I sighed when I couldn't hold back the small grin that found it's way to my lips.
"Did I scare you?" He asked, unconvinced.
"Just messed with my heart a bit." I admitted sheepishly.
"I posses that affect?"
"Always have, I guess." He looked up to the grey sky for the smallest second, leaving me curious.
"What are you thinking?" I asked.
"What are you?"
"Aren't you the one that reads minds?"
"That skill seems to lessen and lessen every time I meet someone new."
"You mean someone you love. Not that you love me. But, well.... I mean th-"
"I understand." He smiled. Unexpectedly, his features changed, going deep in thought, trying to find the right wording I suppose.
"I can't..." He started,
"You're not the only one that understands things." He looked up from the dirt almost gratefully.
"That also means I understand that I can't do anything about this. And that the more you diss me, somehow, the more I want you. Though, that's never been the case in my world."
"I suppose it's becoming our world now."
"You sound quite decided I may add."
"Not truly. Though, do I have a decision?"
"Everyone has a decision. American rights type of stuff."
"Then I choose that my decision is the undecided."
"Hard to get, I see."
"I am much faster than you." I rolled my eyes.
"I'd like to see you try."
"No you wouldn't." He smirked triumphantly. The feeling of no control took over my body once more as I leaned towards his lips involuntarily. My movements were in slow motion, but he didn't stop me until the last possible second, our lips only an inch apart. He grabbed both my wrists with his solid, cold ones. The pleasant contrast of temperature burned my wrists. I couldn't help but turning something so embarrassing into a milestone in our relationship. The first time we touched. His lips pulled upwards slightly at the corners as he strayed away. That's when I noticed he had been leaning in, too.
"Why?" He asked.
"Why what?" I asked under my breath. Still focused on how close our faces our even after he separated us.
"How do you do that to me?"
"You're the one asking?"
"I am."
"Well, I have the same question." He started blinking rapidly, realization tracing his features.
"What am I doing here..."
It wasn't a question. He realized his disloyalty to Bella. I wanted to remind him he'd be doing the same to me by leaving. Then I remembered, we aren't a couple. I shook my head at the stupid thought. I actually thought I could kiss him and everything would fall into place. I closed my eyes for a brief second, still so confused. However, there was one thing I was sure of, winning Edward Cullen's heart would come at a price. A fight, with only one victor. How silly it seems to fight over one's love. If someone doesn't want you as much as you want them....then somethings wrong. I have never chased, nor ever will. But maybe, just maybe, I'd chase Edward Cullen. He is my soulmate after all. Chase him and make him realize imprints are for a reason. Or maybe chase him back to what I'm sure is the Cullen household he's running off to now. Once again, leaving me hopelessly in love behind.

I opened the door to Quil's house, thankfully finding it empty. I didn't want to deal with small minded people at that moment. I found the unmade guest bed I'd been sleeping in for a while now. I quickly put the sheets in their place and packed my suitcase, just in case. That's when Quil actually took me by surprise when he knocked on the open door frame. I guess his scent is all over the house so I didn't notice when he silently walked through the front door.
"You're actually leaving?"
"No, just cleaning up." I replied, staying focused on packing the bag instead of facing him.
"Boys are pissed."
"Not surprised. Seems like I'm always messing with the dynamic of the group."
"Don't act like that, Taylor."
"Then don't be so hurt over the things I can't control!" I stood up, angry now. I turned to his dumbfound expression.
"I'm sorry I'm the new one. The one that changed everything, but I'm here and there's nothing we can do about it now. I'm sorry I fell in love with Jared even thought I knew we'd never last. I'm sorry that my imprint is a vampire and there's nothing I can do about it. I'm sorry that I seem so boy crazed and dramatic when really all I want is to have fun and not think about romance, even though it seems that way. I'm sorry that sometimes I'm just a tad emotional because I left all my friends and family to be apart of something I'm still not entirely sure of. The throne of the Shewolf and all." Quil just stared at me. I was unable to read his expression. I inhaled deeply then walked past him, through the hallway, and out the front door. His hard hands locked around my wrist as he slung me back around.
"I'm sorry." He said. I kept my face strait as I pulled him into a hug.
"I am too." I let go of him and tucked my hands in my pockets.
     "What am I going to do?"
     "It's not your problem. The guys can get over themselves."
      "That's what I've been hinting towards all along," I said as we started walking towards Sam's house for dinner. I didn't notice how dark the sky was getting until now. Quil just laughed.
      "They all love you too much."
      "Why? I hate them." He smiled and nudged my shoulder before we walked through the door.
     "Sup bitches." I greeted loudly as sat down at the table.
      "We want you to know," Embry said. "That if you want to do whatever with the bloodsucker you have our....permission I guess." I laughed out loud.
     "Not that I need it."
     "But if you want it."
     "Thanks, wolf boy."
     "Says the wolf queen." He retorted with the roll of his eyes.
     "That's right. I am wolf queen. You should all be kneeling down to me." Jared chuckled louder than the rest. I turned to Quil who was sitting beside me and whispered, yet loud enough for the table to hear,
     "How come I'm just realizing this?"