R E B R E A K

"Stop," the words left my lips in a moan. "Stop!" I screamed. I tried to sit up but a horrible pain in my upper body made me slam my head back down onto the hard surface. I felt a warm liquid spill down my face.
"That would do it." A voice said from above me. I looked around, unable to see. I knew my eyes were open from the way I blinked tears away from my tear glands. I examined my eye sockets with both my hands, nearly clawing at my eyes in attempt to get them to work again. I noticed the tubes that were inserted into both my arms, causing extreme pain when I moved my arms around freely trying to get my eyes to see what was around me.
"I can't see!" I screamed, panicking even more. "I. Can't. See!" I screamed once more. Two warm hands grabbed my wrists and pinned them down at my sides. A cool touch gently brushed over my eyes, causing them to close. When I fluttered them open again I could see. I saw the pale face with blond hair and golden eyes that hovered above me. Jacob who was currently holding me down, and the rest of the pack that swarmed around me with agonized features. I pulled my eyebrows together and asked the hardest question in a hoarse voice.
"What happened?"

They then explained to me how I courageously yet inappropriately went to save my mother; that part I remembered. What I didn't remember was my body breaking down from shock, the loss of blood and pure exhaustion. Leaving my mother tied to a chair with a dead vampire and unconscious werewolf daughter right in front of her for a total of thirteen hours. My mother spent a lot of time crying, then wriggled her way a whole two hundred feet to her purse while tied to a chair. She somehow managed to find her phone, dial Sam's number and ask for help. After my mom was rushed to the hospital with some fake story. The pack contacted Carlisle, Edward's un biological father, to fix me up since they'd have a hard time explaining my unnaturally fast healing ability and circumstance. So here I am, laying on my very own kitchen counter after being momentarily blinded and battled by a vampire.

"How did my mom end up in the gymnasium?"
"The same way any psycho killer lurers their prey. Tricks and threats and more tricks." Quil answered.
"That's not an answer."
"Your mother didn't really give us one."
"How is she?"
"Not nearly as bad as you."
"How is she?" I retorted.
"Only cuts and bruises and a bit of trauma. She's physically sound."
"Mentally?"
"She's a strong woman. So are you."
"Where's my dad?"
"Out at the lake with some friends. He's on his way back."
"The gymnasium?"
"Burned to the ground."
"The crazy psycho killer?"
"Your converse seemed to do the trick."
"I have a question...." I said in realization. Quil raised his eyebrows. "How come I could move the lightbulb but not the weights."
"The weights?"
"Yes, before I sent the glass on us I tried to throw weights at his head. It didn't work."
"I'll have to look into that." Quil said, already losing himself in his mind of information.
"I'm just happy you're alive." Jacob said while squeezing my hand.
"I suppose I am too." The room filled with a light chuckle before Carlisle gently touched my ribs again. I winced and made a hissing noise.
"What are you doing?"
"Your ribs are healing incorrectly. You could simply die if they shape themselves poorly. I have to re-break the bones and place them properly." He said in a very mature and sure voice, reminding me of a doctor, which indeed he was.
"You have to?" He nodded solemnly. I squeezed Jacob's hand once more as he gently touched my ribs. I breathed in deeply, thinking I could get through the pain. That was before he grabbed my ribs, causing me to shriek in pain as he twisted them at awful angles and turned them in strange places. I squeezed Jacob's hand harshly as I continued to scream in pain.
"Are you sure you know what you're doing?" I screamed after he broke yet another bone.
"Unfortunately," he said while breaking one rib in several places. I screamed once more until the pressure on my ribs where gone. I tried to breath in short, quick breaths in attempt to not hurt my ribs further. Even though he stopped breaking them they still throbbed with pain.
      "Why couldn't I see before?" I asked, trying to take my mind of my aching body.
     "We tried to give you as much morphine as possible so you wouldn't feel all the pain. Your body burned it all off very quickly. As we knew it would, so we gave you slightly too much. It caused your body to practically fall asleep in some places."
     "Like my eyes."
     "Correct." I gulped down the large lump in my throat as I decided against my better judgment and asked him the only question that was lingering in my mind.
     "Where's Edward?" The blond doctor somehow didn't seem surprised.
     "He's with Bella." My heart sunk into my broken ribs. "She had a situation much like yours as well. Not as drastic though. She's in the hospital." I nodded.
     "Will she be alright?" I tried to sound pure and selfless.
     "Absolutely fine." He said with a tight smile. For some reason I really liked this Carlisle guy. He was replacing a large bloody bandage on my arm when I asked him for sleeping medicine. He agreed and inserted the drug into my arm. It wasn't because I was tired or couldn't bare the pain, it was because I didn't want my pack to see me cry over a leech.