E P I L O G U E

My eyes opened with much effort. Once I pulled my eyelids back I found Jacob's eyes. I smiled happily and closed my eyes again, still feeling very tired.
"Sup." I heard Jacob smile behind my closed eyelids.
"Sup." He mimicked. "How are you feeling?"
"Pretty tired still," I said while scrunching my eyebrows together. I felt slightly woozy. "How long have I been sleeping?"
"Almost two days."
"Two days?" I retorted, opening my eyes. Suddenly I was much more awake. "I didn't think I'd be out that long." Jacob smiled. "What's new then?"
"Well your mom is already much better. Your dad is with her right now. Bella's in the hospital. Riley was after you and Victoria was after her. They thought they could use the same plot on both of you. Kill you for the Volturi power and kill Bella to avenge James. Except Victoria targeted Bella while she was in Seattle with her friends. So that way you'd both be in Seattle." I instantly felt bad for Jacob, you could see the empathy in his eyes for the girl that didn't return his strong feelings.
"How are you?" He signed before speaking.
"I'm not the one in the hospital. Or lying in a bed because I can't move my ribs." The last part of his sentence caused me to look around in confusion.
"What? Are we back home?"
"Yeah. While you were sleeping we brought you back here on a stretcher. We thought you'd like to lay in your own bed."
"You thought right. But are my parents back in Seattle?"
"They actually got here about ten minutes ago. That's why I came to check up on you, to see if you were up."
"Oh." I sighed. "Anyways, back to you."
"I don't have anything to talk about." I rolled my eyes.
     "How are you coping with all of this?"
     "Jacob..." I said in an annoyed voice.
     "What? I'm not the one that was lured into a dark gymnasium to fight a vampire for mine and my mother's life."
     "I'm also not the one who's imprint was attacked and is looking for someone else's comfort."
     "Yes you are." I bit my lip. He was right. I didn't want to make this about me and my feelings. I genuinely cared about how Jacob was feeling. I wasn't going to turn the relationship empathy to me. However, once again I went against my better judgment and asked. "How is he?"
     "He's fine. When Bella was attacked he went to save her. Along with the help of his family. Victoria's dead now. He walked away unharmed, as a vampire likely should."
     "Unless you kill them." Jacob smiled widely.
     "Did I ever tell you how proud I am of you for doing that. You actually killed the leech. Even after being beaten down you killed him with your shoe. Now you really have the bragging rights in the pack." I smirked delightedly.
     "I suppose I do."
     "Not over me of course. I'm still much, much cooler than you."
     "How could I ever compare." I said in an doubtful voice."Do you know....."
     "What?"
     "Never mind."
     "Taylor, ask me."
     "Has he asked?" My voice was barely audible. The only person I'd ever dare to ask this to was Jacob. Surely he would understand, but I still felt so embarrassed and stupid for asking.
     "He actually stopped by. He seemed fairly worried. He does hide his emotions well though. Alice can't see our future so he came to see for himself."
     "He left Bella?"
     "Briefly." A small smile crept among my lips.  "Relationship improvement!" Jacob said in a girly voice while waving his hands in the air. I rolled my head back and laughed before I realized how much laughing hurt. Jacob quickly went into a frantic worry that he'd done something wrong. I reassured him I was fine before he left the room to get my parents. I sat in the bed dazed, just imagining Edward caring if I was okay or not. It wasn't much, but it was enough for me. Maybe he'd lay his armour down before the fight.

book two is officially here💓 check it out on my page(: 
»Fighting Beasts