C O N T A C T

Trees started disappearing and the sky grew brighter and brighter. Once the sun rose I had a chance to actually look at the people around me, realizing just how good looking each one of them actually was. How could this many beautiful people all be in one place? I could barely find a decent looking boy in my grade.
     "Home sweet home!" Quil yelled, pulling me away from my thoughts. I took my eyes off the copper of Sam's back and looked up, realizing we were walking into a cluster of tiny houses.
     "We all have houses near, so its easy to contact us if you need to." Sam mentioned. That got me thinking.
    "So, uh, where will I be staying?" I asked.
    "We'll get into that after the introductions of La Push." Sam said turning around and giving me an ashamed smile, I could tell he hadn't put much thought into the idea.
     We walked in a huddle down to Sam's house. The smell of eggs and bacon filled my nostrils, making me realize how hungry I was. I walked with more eager than before, hoping I'd get the chance to eat. I followed behind Sam closely, watching him approach a dark haired girl, kissing her lips. Their brief second of intimacy displayed the girl's obvious beauty, along with her obvious scar. Scar tissue had formed in replacement of four claw scratches. These scars made their way from the tip of her hairline to the bottom of her chin. I quickly turned away, not wanting to be caught staring. It startled me to realize that scar was caused by someone like me, someone potentially dangerous. That I am now dangerous.
     "Taylor?" a sweet voice called. I turned around, face to face with the scarred lady. "Hi, my name is Emily, I'm Sam's fiancé. Would you liked to get cleaned up and eat?" I smiled and nodded, looking down to the crowded table. 
     "If there's still food left over."
     Emily handed me a pair of shorts and a grey tank top and lead me to the shower. The faucet was rusted, and only stood a few inches above my head. I twisted the clear handle, showering myself with ice cold water. Despite the cool water, I didn't change the temperature. I enjoyed the contrast of heat.
     I took a quick shower, unsure of how long I could leave myself alone. My mind scared me at times, and this wasn't a situation I needed to be overthinking. With that being said, only a few minutes passed before I was walking back into the crowded kitchen with Emily by my side. The boys had their faces stuffed.
    "Make room for Taylor, you pigs." Emily announced, kicking Jared's seat. I smirked, pulled a chair to the table from the bar, and dug in to the long awaited meal.
     "You can stay at my house if you want." Jared offered.
     "I think I'm gonna have to decline that splendid offer." Jared playfully frowned in response.
     "You can stay at my house, Taylor. No creeps live there." Jacob offered. I raised my eyebrows and nodded my head, still chewing. I pointed my fork to him and swallowed, turning to speak to Jared.
     "That's a good offer. I am going to accept that." Jared rolled his eyes. "Thanks Jacob."
     "Yeah, thanks, Jacob." Jared said sarcastically. Jacob rose a dismissive hand in the air.
     "Hey, if not me someone else. No one is gonna leave her alone with you."
     "Always attracting the bad ones..." I mumbled. Paul spit his water across the table and joined everyone's laughter. I wasn't aware they could hear my sarcastic statement. "What? It's true," I giggled, sunken into my wooden chair. "I just recently broke up with the school's biggest man slut." Everyone laughed harder. "I'm serious."
     "Aw, did Taylor have a broken heart?" Paul teased.
     "Am I the only one interested in this stuff?How many boys have you dated, Taylor?" Jared asked.
      "All the horny ones." The familiar laughter I loved filled the room once more. I was laughing too, not because the joke was funny, but because I was surprised how at ease I felt with the boys I met only an hour ago.
     Not too long after finishing our meal Emily and Sam walked into the kitchen from somewhere in the back of the house. Sam's face was stern, but Emily was at ease. His presence made me sit up a little straighter.
     "It's time to discuss our plan." Sam announced.
     "Aw man, I thought Taylor was thawing you up. Why so serious?" Quil asked, annoyed. Sam glared at him, causing Quil to swallow loudly. He took a seat at the end of the table while Emily started picking up the dishes and putting them in the sink.
     "Taylor?" Sam asked. I turned my head to him, finding apologetic looking features. My eyebrows pulled together out of habit.
     "Some of this you don't want to hear a-" Sam started, but was interrupted by Emily.
     "Wow, Sam. That's going to make her feel real welcome." She spoke in a sarcastic tone.
     "How am I supposed to say it?" Emily shook her head, sitting down in the chair next to him.
     "Taylor, honey, we know about as much as you do." Emily showed a weak smile. "We are not sure if you are even from our tribe, but we all believe in fate. I'm sure Sam found you for a reason. We will open our homes to you for as long as you would like, at least until you know how to completely control yourself. I personally think it's best if you turn La Push into your long term home. You'll be surrounded with people that love yo-"
     "You got that right." Jared interrupted. Jacob smacked his arm as Emily rolled her eyes.
     "Anyways... every wolf needs a pack. We are more than happy to be yours."
I listened to Emily's words with caution. I wasn't sure if I would live with the boys forever, but I knew I'd be helping myself if I learned control, no matter how long that may take.
     "I get it." I spoke slowly. "But what will I tell my parents? Who will I live with? How long does it take to learn control? And why wi-"
     "Slow down." Jacob smiled. "We'll figure it out. We just need to know if you feel comfortable staying."
I nodded my head, still deep in thought.
     "I say we tell them the truth?" Emily nearly whispered. I looked up, confused.
     "I don't suppose there's another way..." Sam agreed.  I let my hands cover my eyes, placing my elbows on the table. I wasn't prepared for this, no one warned me one day puberty would involve shifting into a werewolf.