R E B O U N D

He watched my face carefully, trying to find something interesting, I suppose. I couldn't take it, I couldn't allow him to look at me any longer because if I looked at him I'd want him more than I already did; I'd want him more than I wanted to live. The idea of life became unbearable, not even I could live it. I risked one last glance into his brown eyes before I turned around and grabbed my bag, walking away from the scene swiftly. I thought I looked swift, but then again I knew I felt like I was dying. I walked towards Quil's house with tears lacing the corners of my eyes. I opened the door without knocking, barging in dramatically. He was sitting on his couch watching tv. He turned to me and smiled.
     "Taylor, Taylor?" His tone changed once he gathered my expression. I took in a scratchy breath.
     "Can I sleep here again?"
     "Sure." He said, standing up, walking towards me with a worried expression. He grabbed both my shoulders with his large hands.
     "What's going on?" I leaned my head back and swallowed the lump in my throat. I turned back to him, realizing how red my face was. And how when I cried red dots would appear underneath my eyes. I felt how all my features sagged in an unnatural way, and how much of a wreck I must have appeared to be, how much of a wreck I was.
     "I'm just not doing too good." I said, leaning my head to the side.
     "Do you want to talk?" He asked, looking beyond worried. I shook my head as he let go of my shoulders. I stumbled my way into the haunting guest bedroom. I closed the door softly but let my suitcase fall to the ground with a large thud. I fell onto my back and looked at the familiar white cracked ceiling. I rolled over to my side, feeling my tears change directions to fall down to the left side of my face. I breathed in deeply, trying to calm my sobs, but nothing worked. So I laid in bed for the rest of the day, crying my heart away.

I didn't know what time it was, but I knew it was late due to the black sky that shone through my window. Only the moon was visible. I was too occupied with my own thoughts that I hadn't realized Quil opened my door until I heard his voice.
"Hey, Tay. How are you? Everyone's worried about you." I sighed.
"Great. Just what I want." I said quietly, gaining volume as I spoke. "All the tough wolf boys go around hollering and having fun while the fragile little girl sits in her room alone crying." I said, turning over to face him. "Because one of the tough hollering boy wolfs found himself a better girl. And to make the situation worse I'm the new addition, so everyone is out there thinking 'Oh, why did we let this wimp into our pack, I wish things were like they used to be.'"
"Or we're thinking 'this girl is a total fun badass how can we cheer her up?'" I smiled weakly.
"But it's not."
"It is."
"No..."
"Taylor."
"Hmm?"
"Get off your ass and give me a hug." He smiled, walking over to me with his hands out. I raised my hands in the air but kept my body on the bed. He grabbed my shoulders and pulled me up to my feet, wrapping me in his arms. I hugged him tightly as we rocked side to side.
"Now come out and say hi to the rest of the pack that missed you." He said, grabbing my hand and walking out into starless sky. "You're actually not the only heartbroken one here." I scrunched my eyebrows together and turned to look at Quil's face. He glanced at my face before continuing.
"Bella chose her leech over Jacob. He's sorta just like you. Not even angry, just sad."
"I bet he's angry too...." I trailed off, feeling bad for him. "Where are we going?"
"The cliff."

"Taylor." Paul and Embry shouted in sync as I appeared through the shadows. I sped up my pace and let go of Quil's hand, letting Embry and Paul individually wrap me in a hug.
     "Where've you been? Moanin' and groanin'?" Paul asked. I shook my head and consciously lead water from below us, making it hover over his head. He didn't even notice. Everyone took a step back simultaneously. Paul's face showed confusion as I let the water fall onto his head.
     "Fuck! C'mon Sparten!" He yelled, wiping his eyes.
"I thought Jared was the inappropriate one." I laughed, surprised how easily I could talk about him. Through the corner of my eye, I could tell Jared was surprised, too.
"Ah, you softened him up." Paul complained. "He's all sweet and boring now." Everyone laughed while Jared threw a rock at Paul's head, he swiftly caught it, not even looking up.
"What's the occasion?" Jacob asked grumpily. The pack didn't have the same affect on him as it did for me.
"Well," Quil said sourly. "We're here to cheer up our newly single lovers." Quil stated.
"By getting drunk." Embry finished. "And getting Taylor a pack tattoo." A smile spread across my face as I sniffed the air and identified the pack of Bud Light behind Embry. I walked over, picking one up and opening it.
"Can werewolfs even get drunk?" I asked.
"If you drink enough, you for sure get a bit tipsy..." Embry said. "But there's defiantly been a few times I've seen the boys hammered." He laughed. I smiled with the rest of them.
"Then cheers," I said, raising my glass in the air. "to assholes like Jared." Everyone laughed.
"Hey," Jared said, eyeing me apologetically.
"Aye, aye, I know, I know, just let the heartbroken girl make a joke will you?"
"I'm heartbroken, too."
"But you have a rebound."