Chapter 7

We all eventually dried out, it was pretty slow but eventually we were finished. We walked along for a bit when I heard something "did you hear something" I asked. Everyone looked around and then I heard it again but louder. It was a rainforest. We ran towards the sound and found it, the Earth chamber Kelsey smiled wildly and I did to, it smelt incredible "there are so many plants here I can't even start to name them" she giggled.

We walked into the forest and found a temple of some kind. A circle with the earth symbol on it was in the centre on the temple. I went to walk when a vine grabbed my ankle "Kelsey quit it" I said and she shook her head "hey don't look at me" she replied. Another vine grabbed my wrist and suddenly I was hoisted in the air by more and more vines that wrapped tighter around my wrists and ankles "run" I yelled. They ran away from the forest about five meters away "what is this stuff" I said while pulling at the vines "don't do that, it's python vines, conceder them the quick sand of the plant family" she explained and I laughed "never heard of them" I said while struggling again "they are shadow plants, will you quit struggling it will kill you quicker" she yelled.

I laughed and started to thrash around "I'd rather die quick than slow" I yelled and got a vine around my throat "too quick" I said as the vine chocked me. I relaxed and thought of something "Kelsey grab the shield piece, throw some dirt on it" I screamed in a tight voice. She ran to the temple and threw a hand full of dirt at the shield and a green piece of metal fell into her hands. She ran to me and held the shield out with two hands the vines some how hissed and I fell on my face "gee Logan don't get up to help or anything" I shouted and he laughed "sorry but you really should work on your landings" he commented. I laughed while standing up "that sucked" I yelled. I walked away from the jungle "I got the weird feeling that that was just the beginning" I observed.

As if on queue the ground shuddered "why did I had to open my mouth" I scolded my self. We ran back through the forest avoiding the vines and saw at least ten stone tigers with emerald eyes and moss all over them "oh come on, weren't the vines enough" Kelsey wined while pressing her Sage as we all did.

I was the first to attack, I front flipped and in mid air struck down my sword. My sword just skidded off the stone surface with a few sparks. We all took turns trying to kill these things but it was no use "Kelsey do you have anything" I yelled she thought for a bit and smiled while bolting out of the chamber and we ran after her. The tigers were trailing us "any time now Kelsey" Logan screamed. She spun her self around and held her hand out with her fingers spread apart. Flowers blossomed on the walls and she smiled "hold your breath" she commanded. We did as she asked and the flowers puffed smoke. We ran further to catch up to Kelsey and saw her plan. The smoke knocked the tigers out and they turned to rubble "wow, you couldn't have don't that for any other monster" I huffed she smiled and shook her head

"this plant is rare, only this type of soil can with stand its enchanted roots" she explained.

I grabbed a container from my bag and took some soil "here grow some of that stuff, and dry it out might help some day" I smiled and she laughed "well do". I took the shield from Kelsey's hands and nodded "we should separate the elements your from, from you two, for safe measures" I proposed while handing the shield to Logan "well that's "

"don't say that was easy" Logan cut me off. I laughed and wrapped my arm around his neck "I was going to say three down two to go" I laughed and he blushed.

_______________________________________

We walked for a bit to get a good distance in between us and the possibility of more tigers. I thought of using the fire shield as a light since it gave of a warm glow. We stopped and Logan took his spot as he always did "hey no I'm taking the first shift, you haven't had a proper sleep in ages" I ordered he nodded and smiled but I could see nervousness in his eyes. Kelsey smiled while laying her head on her backpack.

It was a few hours till Logan leapt up holding his wrist "what's up with you" I asked. He flinched like he was avoiding this question "Logan, answer" I pushed. He nodded and made him self comfortable "the shield, I blacked out when we made it to the chamber and when I was on the floor I thought I was going to die, then when I grabbed the shield, I don't know I feared it's power I guess" he pushed. I nodded while pursing my lips saying,"what else "I guess I'm jealous that you or Kelsey haven't black out like I did" he said and I laughed

"your jealous that we haven't blacked out, Logan I felt the power of that shield had you can't beat your self up even after you saved my clueless behind" I said and he smiled "do you know what your gonna do after this" he asked and I shrugged "I guess that I'll go back to school, come to the camp during summer. I don't want this thing to control my life" I said while rubbing my wrist as it burnt even more "it's buring all ready, he asked dumbfounded. I nodded and he shook his head "that must mean that time is going faster in here cause that shouldn't burn till a week days before your birthday" he explained my eyes widened and I tensed "Logan if I'm not back at the camp before my uncles there I'm dead" I said quickly. He nodded while waking up Kelsey.

We explained what happened while she was asleep, leaving out our conversation details and we all stood up and pushed on to our next chamber.

__________________________

AN: would like to do a shout out to iamlord_VOLDERMORT for the lovely comment I appreciate it and everyone please give her a follow and read her stuff she is a great writer, also I would like to thanks my followers and readers thx