Trois

Growls could be heard coming from the blonde girl as she heard thunder. She didn't mind thunders and lighting, but she hated the rain.

Frost spread as far as she could see and it took everything in her power to keep the ice and snow at bay.

The moved in perfect unison from the many years that they had traveled together. They fell in to place easily, Erica falling to the back. Her position as lead protector of her coven made her alert, she took the back because it was their weakest point. The others could find well, could defend themselves easily, but it simply came naturally to her.

"It's all right," James attempted to soothe his sister. "I hardly doubt it will rain."

"There is a high chance that it will rain, but I am aware it is not likely," she snapped.

The others found her hatred amusing, much to her dismay. Their species often loved the rain because it made scent more potent. It was ironic to them that she loved the snow, the winter, even if it would dull a scent or obscure a trail.

"We should be long gone before the storm even hits the town," Victoria added.

"It is still too close for comfort. It is basically warm snow; I do not see the appeal." Erica complained.

"You could always free-" Erica shushed quickly and focused on hearing.

A loud crack sounded from a distance, a sound easily mistaken for thunder. Motioning for the others to focus, she scanned the sky and the trees for any movements.

"Is that-" Victoria began.

"A baseball game?" James finished, a wide grin taking over his features.

Laurent remained quiet as he focused intently, his sight was always slightly better than his hearing.

"Do you thin it is the other coven from this region?" Laurent asked.

Erica kept her gaze fixated in the distance as she ran the possibilities and probabilities in her head. Quite a few situations made her shudder, and she knew that there wasn't much she could do to help them. Her brothers voice had already picked up the need for a win.

"It is up to you, brother," she began hesitantly. "I will keep my mind open to whatever you decide."

James grinned at his younger sister and wrapped an arm around her shoulder.

"You're just saying this because you are rather poor at the game," he teased.

"Excuse me, but if I recall I'm much better than you ever were." She shot back.

"Now, you're just saying that but you never play," Victoria chimed.

Glaring at them, she scented out their location before facing the others.

"Let' go see if they'll allow us to join then." Erica had a determined glint in her eyes. "Last one their drinks animal blood."

•••••

Erica beamed at Victoria's disgusted face as she realized she had lost. Animal blood was disgusting to them, something they avoided by any means necessary. There were plenty of times when they were forced to drink from animals and it was never something they would enjoy.

"No, I refuse. There is no way." The redhead shook her head frantically.

"You must," Erica grinned. "You lost."

"Don't be a poor sport, Vicky." James wrapped an arm around his mate. "You have to go through with it or it will be no fun."

The trio continued to tease one another until Laurent cleared his throat. "Shall we go? First impressions are incredibly important."