Cinq

She remembered the night she officially died like it was yesterday, she could easily recall how she thought it easier to just swim down than to try and reach the surface.

She would always remember the pain of watching her brother get ripped to pieces and set aflame before her eyes. Like her heart was being torn apart with him.

She would forever blame herself for arriving too late, for not counting in the possibility of the human cheating them, of one of them being a mind reader.

She knew he would never be able to erase her screams from their memory, never be able to forget the chaos her emotions set into. Her gift was deadly to humans, that much was certain, but never before had it been exposed to such extent on her own species.

She would never forget the justice she felt when her powers turned against the traitors, as the cold was set upon them and turned their marble skin black with frostbite. Their skin cracking before their very eyes and nothing they could do to slow it.

Her pain was tangible, her heart broken. She was left all alone in the world to spend eternity knowing that bunny drinkers had killed her brother. The mind reader that had been too weak to turn his mate had proven himself by betraying his kind.

They had tried to approach her, tried to end her as well. The big one had tried first but was stopped before as a winter wind blew him back and chilled him to his bones. The petite one had tried to outsmart her by looking to the future but was stopped by an excessive amount of ice descending on her, breaking her stone skin. The final one had managed to reach her, to touch her shoulders. She had burned him, her eyes flickered blue at the amount of power she channeled.

She was gone before they could try again, leaving them in a blizzard that had formed in her wake. Ice trailed her exit, snow fluttered in the desert heat.

She had no where to go, no one to go to. Her entire life, human and immortal, had been spent causing havoc with her brother. He had been the most bloodthirsty, she had been the most dangerous. Victoria would have fled to safety by now, every instinct in the redhead was wired for the sole purpose of self-preservation. Erica never had a goal, she simply lived for the thrill and the game of it all.

She supposed that Laurent could surely be hiding from her wrath by now, knowing what kind of damage the tiny girl could cause. She planned to cause hell for anyone that was involved in the death of her brother.

"You don't have to do this." Erica spun at the tiny voice, a silent snarl leaving her lips as she faced the tiny vampire that had taken part in the murder of her brother.

"Where's your mate? The one that murdered my brother for the sake of your weak coven member."

"I'm Alice Cullen," the tiny one ignored her previous comment.

"I do not care," Erica growled. "I think it's only fair that I warn you of what I will do to your so called family. I plan to rip it a part, I plan to kill you to show your mate what it feels like to have your heart crushed before your very eyes. I will burn your brothers and sisters alive, I will set an eternal winter over any town, city or village you try to hide in. You will never escape it. I will come for your precious Bella first, I will bleed her dry, I will make her wish my brother was her demise. I will freeze your little mind reader from the inside out."

Alice stood her ground but her face faltered with every word. The girl's words spiked something greater than fear in her, she was truly terrifying. Alice was scared because every vision she had seen of the girl was of pure sweetness, and fun.

"The best part is this. I will hunt your little mate down; I will leave him for last, I will let him wallow in the pain of being left alone, of having no one left. Then I'll leave him. I'll leave him, I'll take everyone from him and then leave him to his own devices. Force him to play the game, my brothers game." Erica lowered her voice to a gentle, soothing tone. She felt her pain ease only slightly as tears welled n the other vampire's eyes. Tears that she could never shed.

"Oh, no, Alice, dear, do not cry," Erica soothed. "You will never see it coming, you needn't worry. You might be able to see the future but I am an amazing planner. My mind is a busy, yet wonderful place. You will die quickly; it is not you that has done me wrong."

"You don't need to do this," the psychic whispered.

"Oh, but I do." Erica twirled a finer in Alice's hair, little ice crystals sticking to the places she touched. "It comes with the name."

"What name?"

"Snow queen, Jack Frost, hell, I'll even respond to Icarus." Erica circled her like Alice was her prey. "Be careful, Alice."

Alice watched as the girl began to walk away. Snow flowed around her despite the Arizona weather.

"Why are you like this?" She called quietly.

Erica glanced over her shoulder and gave her a Cheshire grin. "When you're faced an eternity of damnation, you might as well become the devil before the devil gets you."

•••••

Vote,
Comment,
& Follow me on Wattpad

unedited