Sept

The mood was set when they arrived, teens radiated heat, bodies gyrating. She could hear their blood pounding through their veins. It was intoxicating, their hearts slamming in their chest.

She relished in the burning sensation. It put her on edge, driving her mind to work. Her throat ached, the blood calling to her. Erica felt like she was high, her head spinning with the feeling.

She trailed behind her sister. The beautiful redhead parted the crowd easily, boys watched in wonder at the sight of her. Erica would have felt jealous if she could bring herself to care. Humans were below her status; never would she find herself desperate enough to pine for their attention. She believed it would be an insult to her brother.

"Vicky, love, do you mind if I get a little something to eat?" Erica questioned the girl, leaning in close. She let her lips graze the girl's ear, well aware of how it affected those watching.

"Stop teasing, just go." A laugh danced her lip as Victoria pushed her away.

Erica found herself weaving through the crowd, a sly grin fighting its way onto her face. The other vampires were close, their presence weighing heavily on the back on her mind.

Those repulsive, animal drinking, vampires were nothing but weak. Every fiber of Erica's existence pushed her forward, daring her to act out her vengeance. It would be simple, in her mind. She would move quickly, removing the tiny one first. Her ability to see was dangerous and Erica new that when the time came, she would need to be impulsive.

Gliding among the weak, she kept her senses aware of the surroundings as security, a part of her keeping tabs on Victoria.

The outside breeze was a drastic change. No longer did she feel suffocated by the scents, her hunger dissipating from her previous state of starved.

There were few people outside. Couples danced in the twinkling fairy light, the moment being romanticized by the setting sun. Twilight was her morning; the nocturnal predators began to wake. She felt at home among them, hunting the hunters brought things to a beautiful ending.

In the distance, in the far corner of the area, stood a gazebo. Her eyes locked onto the human girl quickly. The sight of her still broken body thrilled her. The vampire, Edward, held her close, his lips terribly close to her throat.

To the blind eye it would like an intimate moment, but Erica knew differently. Edward's teeth could be seen peeking past his lips, Bella's anticipation clear on her face.

The cold vampire couldn't help but feel pity for the human. Bella desired nothing more than to be with him for eternity, yet he was too weak to give it to her.

He was a joke.

Humming lightly, she moved across the lawn, letting her powers loose. A hand lifting forward and a flick of her wrist, she shot a crystal blue bolt towards him.

Erica was on high alert, not sure what her actions would ensue. Something was definitely meant to happen.

It connected with his face just as he turned to face her. It struck him between the eyes, his body freezing on impact.

She observed him, the way his eyes followed her but he did not move. It was like his mind was frozen and there was no doubt in her mind that she could have done worse if she tried.

"Bella," her voice echoed across the decreasing space. "What a lovely surprise to see you here."

The small human had the grace to look scared, she backed away slowly.