vingt et un

Taking Victoria's idea into consideration, Erica found herself lingering in the woods- ready to back up the read head if she needed any assistance. She didn't want to be there in the first place- she didn't want to be near him doing something that was surely to draw negative attention to herself but she couldn't just leave the girl hanging.

Erica knew that Victoria was capable of protecting herself, so they didn't trust her to.

She was sitting in a tree, high up over on the wolf side of the treaty line, laughing as Vicky made a show of marking her scent. They were setting a ruse, making them believe they were after the human by taking an aim to her home.

They wanted to see how they worked by playing their blindsides against them. The wolves were to remain out of it- they were Erica's play things for the night and Victoria wasn't to touch them.

A howl in the night alerted her to the change of the patrol shift and sending Vicky a glare, Erica make her own trial up and down the line- drawing them to her.

The heavy thumps of their feet grew closer- the steps louder and louder as she played with them. They snapped at her heels as she slowed, letting them get close enough to hurt her because she new they couldn't.

"It's little like déjà vu, isn't it?" she mused- calling out to them over her shoulder. "How we always end up in a chase with me getting away?"

The wolf closest to her growled, paw swiping put and se dodged out of the way- jumping over the treaty line with a smug smile. She jumped into the nearest tree, propelling herself forward from tree to tree.

"Fancy meeting you here," she joked to Victoria, the girl running below her from the Cullen abominations.

Her sister sent her a glare before jumping over the treaty line, taking a chance with the wolves. Erica took that as a chance to drop down, feet hitting Emmett at the back of the head before she landed soundly- moving forward into a sprint.

It was much more dangerous to be on this side, the vampires having to qualms against ripping her apart but the concept was unimportant to her – she enjoyed the adrenaline she felt at being free.

Jasper was the closet to her now, and anger spiked at the sight of him. She skids to a stop- a fist flying towards his face in anger. He easily dodged, moving to grab her from the side but she shot out her leg hitting him in the side.

The others drew in around her- her powers lashing out, sparks of flew out, lashing to their skin, burning them.

She moved for the Texan, the one that fought best and they moved around each other with purpose- dodging and attacking anew.

He caught hold of her shirt, tearing it open around the midsection as she caught his hair, pulling him around until she could grip his throat. Her eyes glowing blue as she willed her abilities- freezing him from the inside, starting with his heart.

Jasper groaned in pain, Alice's cries sounding behind her as she fought to get to her mate though the eyes that froze her skin.

"You're a mistake- a disgrace to the world. I'm going to show you what it is like to die," Erica hissed.

Readying herself to pull off his head, she was grabbed by the shoulder, yank upwards over onto the wolf side. Victoria gripped her hand tightly and dragged her forward despite her disapproval.

She felt something akin to rage when she looked at Jasper- worse even. He was the one that had stolen her brother. She had watched him rip James apart, burning the pieces as though her brother was nothing- being so close to him made her livid.