Huit

The falling night brought a jolt of joy to her being. Her travels from Victoria to Laurent having her pass through the small town of Forks, she had passed on an exceptionally lucky night.

The Cullen's were leaving; Laurent had told her so much but she no longer trusted him. He told her anything, hoping to make her happy. The fear he held for her pushing him to tell her anything, even if incorrect.

To see it with her own eyes was a whole new matter. Bella laid on the earth, alone, in the middle of the woods. Erica could see the human shivering, causing the girl to scoff. The cold was never a bad thing; she had learnt this many years ago.

She wanted to approach the girl, to steal her away. She wanted to sink her teeth into her throat, to taste her sweet blood before she turned.

The search party threw her off. They grew closer but they weren't fast enough. Erica had decided that they had until Bella's condition was irreversible.

Turning a human never bothered her, but she wouldn't sentence the weak hearted to an eternity of hell. Those of weak heart and mind turned into pathetic vampires, those like Edward.

Erica stalked closer to the tiny human, her shivers growing dangerously calm. Her heart rate was plummeting quickly. This death was much too easy for the girl, Victoria's justice needed to be executed. Erica's plans needed to be followed through.

Shrugging off her unnecessary coat, she placed it across the small girl in hopes of creating a barrier from the cold. She lifted Bella into her arms easily, walking her closer towards the search party.

Their shouts made her anxious, her red eyes flashed about the trees. Multiple scents assaulted her senses, but the most prominent one was the burning smell of summer with an undertone of dog. The odor grew stronger with each passing heart beat; Erica's throat grew raw with each second.

Her feet touched the floor much quicker, her pace picking up as she attempted to escape the urge to tear out every single person's jugular.

She was silent, gliding over ice as she rushed.

Walking into a circular clearing, lights could be seen in the distance. Someone would surely find the girl here. Erica looked around her cautiously before placing the girl down. Her mind ached with numbers being thrown her way. Multiple situations could play out, especially when the mystery dog smell was right on top of her.

Erica set Bella so she looked to be in a fetal position. Taking her jacket back, she slipped her arms in slowly. The owner of the smell was here, she needed her answers before she could even think of leaving.

"Hello," the blonde purred as she eyed a man and wolf standing in the tree line.

The man stepped closer, his body shook in rage as she met his gaze.

"I'm not exactly scared of the big bad wolf," Erica voice turned sickly sweet. "I have hunted your kind down before, it's a huge accomplishment to finally see what lies at the end of the trail."

The human man growled, his gaze darting to Bella on the ground.

"She's cold, and rather vulnerable." Erica knelt down and trailed her hand across the human's form. "I quite like it like this, this position of power that I'm placed in."

"You shouldn't be here, leave or we'll kill you," the man spoke through clenched teeth.

A frosty burn flooded the vampire, her crimson eyes narrowing on the wolf man. Her hands shook in anticipation, the surrounding air growing colder.

"You are nothing compared to what I could do, what I am capable of." Ice crawled its way towards them. "But I quite enjoy a game."

Erica threw her hands up, ice shooting from her palm. It struck the man directly in the chest, knocking him into the air and back several feet. Ice, stronger than they were able to break, formed a wall, pushing them away rom her.

"I will be back for the girl, she will certainly call for me, and when she does I will turn her. Young Isabella will help me destroy the Cullen's, and you can do nothing to stop me." Erica willed spikes to form on the wall, drawing blood anywhere it touched. "The wrath of god is nothing compared to the frozen heart of winter. Prepare yourself because Jack Frost has found a knew playground."

She was running, pushing herself off anything to push herself forward. The wolf boy was hot on her trail; she could practically feel his repulsive pants on the back of her neck.

A game of chase was something she has strategized a millions time before. James and her could go for hours at a time.

"Who's afraid of the big bad wolf? The big bad wolf, the big bad wolf," she sang loudly, letting her voice echoed off the trees as a taunt to the wolf.

With feet barely touching the ground, her laugh twinkled though the woods. The wolfs snarled at her as she sang, his heavy feet pushing even harder to reach her. She slowed randomly, teasing the animal. She jumped and swung from trees. She leapt over streams and boulder. A test for the animal, a game for her.

"Who's afraid of the big bad wolf? Tra-la-la-la-la-la," Erica continued, laughter following as the wolf snarled and barked.

Stepping her way through a carefully planned out path, she barely had time to dodge the incoming assault of a new wolf. The dark grey animal was much faster than his friend.

Erica was beyond joyful as she watched them struggle. With the grey one gaining space, she let a smooth ice generate with every step that she took. The animals slipped when they hit an occasional patch of ice.

"I'm not afraid of the big bad wolf. The big bad wolf, the big bad wolf."

Erica moved swiftly, allowing the changing climate to excite her. Canada always felt more like home, the true territory of a Snow Queen.

She stopped on the border, her back facing them. At the last moment, she ducked and moved back away. Ice picked its way towards them, wrapping itself over their paws and up. She could see it melting, but it didn't bother her much.

Erica had seen what they were capable of, tested their abilities. She didn't need them dead, not yet. The wolves provided entertainment, a fun game. She twirled her hands together, forming a perfect ball of snow. On her command, the ball exploded, throwing a thick layer of perfect white snow over the pair.

"I'm not afraid of the big bad wolf."

•••••

Vote,

Comment,& Follow me on Wattpad

Unedited.