Dix

Erica walked into the small cabin her and Victoria used. She moved to the back room, knowing that was where her sister would be waiting for her.

Erica moved the small window without sparing her sister a glance. She gazed outward, watching silently for any sign of movement.

"You might want to leave," Erica broke the silence. "I think they might have followed me, I tried to shake them but there was this one wolf. He never got too close, never strayed o far. He even went as far as snapping at the others when they got too close."

Vitoria slunk closer, her voice as quiet and gentle as Erica's was. "What are you talking about?"

"I killed Laurent." The blonde ignored the question. "He was there to kill the little pet, made it seem like he was doing it from the kindness of his heart."

Victoria scoffed, she stepped up behind Erica in the window. Light streamed through the window, illuminating their faces ever so slightly causing them to sparkle.

"I never much cared for this dreary little cabin anyways," Victoria spoke tenderly. "We can get you away for a few days, maybe head down south."

"We haven't been to the south in while," Erica concedes.

The redhead hugged her sister tightly, laughing softly. "I'm thinking Texas."

Erica didn't answer right away, instead she stared out the window, her eyes set on the hidden being in the tree line. By the way Victoria kept glancing, she knew someone was there as well.

The scent hadn't reached her yet, the intruder standing downwind, but she could still make out the pumping of their heart, the way they stand still. She had no doubt that he ad succeeded in following her.

"Vicky, why don't you go on ahead? I'll clean up here and follow you shortly." Erica gave her sister a gentle push leading her out of the home. "Don't let them see you," She whispered, her words breathed out so they were barely audible.

Victoria disappeared as fast as she appeared, the girl's survival instinct forcing her to obey her sister. Erica watched her go as far as she possibly could, making certain that the intruder never moved.

She was calm and composed as she stepped into the bright sunlight. Her skin sparkled, giving the appearance that she was covered in millions of diamonds.

The bushes shook as a large grey wolf stepped forward hesitantly. He panted, his tongue lolled out of his mouth. Their eyes were wide, as if he had seen the sun for the very first time.

She took the time to rally look at the thing. He was large, easily towering over her petite frame. The colour of his fur was a deep grey, a tone that could easily blend. His eyes were a soft brown, and she wondered if the human's eyes looked the same.

"You followed me, you're faster than the others," she spoke emotionlessly.

The wolf shuffled uncomfortably. Its body shook violently, but nothing seemed to happen. His eyes attempted to burn holes into her skin.

"Are you going to show me your skin? Because I refuse to speak to an animal." He didn't make any movement. "I'm growing annoyed. I will not hesitate to kill you, if you're lucky I'll just leave you here. I have places to be."

The wolf whimpered at and moved closer unconsciously. His shaking grew worse.

Seeing him turn from fur to skin was interesting to say the least. His fur disappeared into nothing, his skin pulled over his body. His bones snapped each cracking sound making her want to flinch. She never minded the sound of breaking bones before, but not when I wasn't a game.