Quatre

Erica was the only one that remained standing as the others bent into a crouch snarling at each other. Her mind worked over the details, her eyes glazed over s she focused on her thoughts. Every instinct in her told her pushed her to protect her coven, her family.

She didn't know what abilities the vampires before her possessed and it made her incredibly nervous. They would have trouble wining a fight against them but a clear disadvantage was the little human girl that clung to one of their kind.

"She's with us," the leader spoke.

"A human?" She rolled her eyes at how clueless Lauren sounded.

"Are you daft, Laurent?" Erica spat. "You can see it can't you brother? The way she clings to him, and he her?"

James kept his predatory gaze on his prey, but still cocked his head in acknowledgment to his sister.

"Mate."

The spoken word caused the human to hide herself further. The opposing clan turned their attention towards the siblings, towards James as he stared at the humans in hunger.

Erica let the cold that dwelled within her escape her slowly. She had always found her powers ironic, yet completely fitting. She watched the icy tendrils swirl around her, licking at her marble skin. She could still feel the cold on her skin despite her inability to feel cold. She had been told that others cold feel the cold as well, that it was discomforting.

"We'll be leaving now; we don't want to cause any trouble." Laurent backed away, hands lifted in a surrender motion.

Erica and James stayed in their stances as the others slunk away, preparing themselves to leave.

They siblings watched the human and her mate carefully, collecting as much information needed for their hunt. It pleased Erica greatly how well she and her brother fell into sync, like puzzle pieces. They always worked well together, even as children.

"James," Laurent hissed. "Erica!"

Her brother spun quickly and pulled his mate under his arm as Erica continued to stare. She willed her ice forward, commanding it to burn to the vampire and his mate ever so slightly. She watched as they shuddered away, as frost covered their clothing.

"Erica," James called to her. "That's enough."

Snapping her attention away, she skipped to her brother's side and took hold of his hand. Ice trailed in her wake, snow falling in her hair like a crown.

"It was nice meeting you," She spoke over her shoulder directly to the human. "We simply must do this again sometime."

•••••

She followed behind her brother, planning as they moved. Waiting for him to track his prey, their prey. Victoria was elsewhere, not wanting to interfere with their system, knowing that the siblings shared these types of moments.

"It won't be easy, brother," Erica spoke quietly. "Laurent left us. It will be dangerous."

"Since when are you scared of a little challenge?"

Sending her brother a glare she took the lead once she picked up the scent. She wasn't the worst at tracking and she knew James would correct her if she was off the trail.

They came to a small home and stopped in the nearby trees. James listened to conversation while Erica focused on the surroundings.

She could sense three vampires nearby, but none of them tried to confront the siblings. Something didn't add up.

"James," she breathed. "They're trying to out plan me. They're trying to come up with something."

Not receiving a response, she groaned quietly and headed into the trees. Moving as a blur, she picked up multiple scents heading in the same direction.

She was a planner; calculated the numbers, and the probabilities, and he possibilities. She didn't like this, being put into situations where James wouldn't let her plan.

She approached the house cautiously, wary of the vampires inside. They had the numbers but she had the power and control.

"What of the girl?" the one with the southern accent questioned. "I felt cold when she was near."

"Do not underestimate her." The sound of Laurent's voice disgusted her. She was never one to be overly attached to people, yet she still felt betrayed by his actions. "She is powerful and smart. She had an advanced mind' planning,probability and possibility is like a sixth sense to her. It goes hand in hand with James' tracking abilities."

"And the cold feeling? The snow?" the leader asked curiously.

Erica heard shuffling feet before he answered. "She is basically winter. For many years she called herself Jack Frost. The Volturi named her the Snow Queen."

"The volturi? Aro has tried to collect her?" the leader pressed in interest.

"He has tied to collect all three, at least the sibling because of how well they work together." Erica felt her patience with Laurent being tested. She would surely need to get rid of him if her kept talking.

"What of the other woman?" a new voice asked.

"Victoria is just as deadly as the siblings."

Fuming, she back traced to where she had left her brother. She didn't try to hide her presence, she wanted them to know she was there.

Laurent had given up important information. They had an advantage, so she created her own. They would have no idea how much she heard. It would put them on edge, make them overthink.

This was a game she wasn't willing to lose, because she was not only the predator but also the prey. While she and her brother hunted for the human, he others would hunt them, and she knew he risks. It was going to be her most enticing game ever.

•••••

Vote,
Comment,
& Follow me on Wattpad

Unedited