Neuf

Hunting a prey was thrilling. It gave her a sense of exhilaration, a feeling of control and satisfaction.

The wolves were antsy, constantly on her toes waiting for her or Victoria to test their borders. The Cullen's were anxious; the pair took turns hunting down Edward. They took turns leading him farther and farther away from his human, making it harder and harder for him to save her when the time would come.

Victoria would normally lead the male; she wasn't as reckless as Erica. Victoria would be capable of keeping herself out of danger, while Erica would welcome it.

Erica would hunt Bella; she would stalk the girl until the wolves caught her scent. She would cross into the territory, letting her presence be known. The thrill of the danger drove her to push them further.

Bella was a strange human, not very interesting. Boys fell over themselves to be near her only confusing Erica more. She hung around wolves without knowing, she relied on people far too much. The girl still wanted to be turned, every night she left her window unlocked as an invitation.

The human was reckless, people left her open far too often. As much as Erica wanted to turn the girl, to drink from her, she new it wasn't her position to do so. Erica had a claim on the family, and Victoria had Bella.

Erica would still change the human if she openly asked for sure, but not without her sister present.

Hunting a prey was thrilling, it gave her a sense of exhilaration, a feeling of control and satisfaction. She was in heaven when her prey was intelligent.

"Laurent," Erica picked up the human's words easily. Her senses tuned into the girl.

"I stopped by the Cullen's home, I am surprised they left you behind." Laurent smooth voice angered Erica to no end.

She moved quickly, a blur in the trees. He human's heart rate increased significantly making Erica entirely aware of how it has been since she last fed.

"They visit all the time, I'll tell them you stopped by." Bella was desperately picking at straws.

"There's no need, you see, I am here on a favour to Victoria," Erica could hear him step forward. She pushed herself faster. "Tell me, do they visit often?"

Bella's hear stuttered. "Yes, all the time."

Erica's steps faltered slightly when she heard the wolves approaching. They were many, too many to fight off, yet they also stood in the way of her prey.

She decided she would be quick.

Reaching a small clearing, Erica spotted Laurent's hand on the Swan girl' neck. She stepped into the space, her posture held confidence.

"I do not recall either Victoria or myself asking you to check up on the girl, Laurent." Her voice was smooth, icy.

He glanced her way. "I am doing her a favour; Victoria would not be gentle."

She cocked her head to the side. "I have offered her immortality with only a small price to pay."

The man froze, his eyes wide at the honesty of he words. She thought it was quite comical.

"My dear friend, do you remember how much I love the hunt?" Erica smiled lightly.

"Of course, how could I forget?"

The rustle of the bushes set her mind in motion, excitement flooded her senses. The wolves stepped closer, creeping closer.

She whispered a single word. "Run."

She was in motion immediately, her feet barely touching the ground.

Hunting a prey was thrilling, the feelings she got were impossible to replicate. The thrill of hunting someone who has done her wrong was fulfilling.

He wasn't far in front of her, the wolves not far behind. Kicking herself forward she caught the man by the shoulder and threw him into a close tree. Skidding to a stop she stared him directly in the eye.

The wolves circled the two as they faced each other, preparing themselves for an attack. They lunged together, she easily dodged. Laurent pushed and kicked, opening himself to their attacks.

They separated the two vampires, hoping to catch them off guard. Erica felt her anger grow as they attacked him, her snarls echoing.

The largest wolf faced her, his mind set to kill. Erica would gladly fight him, if his animals weren't killing her prey.

"No!" she screeched, she shoved at he wolves. Growing tired, she stomped her feet. A few of the wolves backed away in fear, knowing what she was capable of. Ice spread from her feet, a thin layer covering their paws, sticking them to he ground.

The wolves moved around breaking the ice, continuing to lunge a them both.

"No," her voice was dangerously low this time. The ice grew thicker with a clench of her hands. "He's mine."

She glided between them, wolves snapped their teeth at her harshly as she passed. Each trying to reach her.

"Erica," Laurent pleaded softly. She continued forward. "You don't have to do this; I won't go after her again."

Her laugh was bell chiming, light and airy. Her posture was friendly, her eyes flickered between red and blue as ice threatened to consume her. She really was Jack Frost.

"You have had this coming. This became your fate the second you betrayed me, betrayed him," she spat at the man. He didn't try to run; he knew what she did to those that ran.

"It wasn't my fight." He looked around, eyes pleading for a way out.

"It might not have been, but you sold us out. They knew what to expect because of you. My brother is dead because of you."

"James is dead because he was disastrous and ruinous," he growled in defence.

Erica lunged at him, clawing at him as he struggled, tearing chucks of flesh away torturously. The growls and snarls of the wolves egging her on.

"I put up with you in the past because you served a purpose. I hadn't yet hunted you because I hadn't the time. You made a mistake going after my little pet like that," She breathed in his ear as she pinned him to the ground. "You're useless to me now."

In a swift motion, she tore his head away from his body. Clutching her prize in her hand, she stood and brushed herself off with her free hand. She glanced down to his body in distaste, curling her nose at the filth that use to be a friend.

She eyed the wolves. They looked torn; half stood still in shock, the others wee still ready to kill her.

She looked for the two that she had met first, the brown and dark grey one; both looked ready to kill.

She met the eyes of the one with brown fur. "You should now better than to attack my prey," she scolded lightly.

She looked over and met the grey one's eyes. The feeling that washed over her was hard to describe. It felt like things were clicking into place, her body tensed in preparation for whatever was to come.

"I quite enjoyed our last game, it is not often someone is willing to hunt me. We should play again sometime," Erica's voice flowed easily. The air turning colder the longer she hung around.

She tossed the head toward the two wolves as if it was a ball, she was disappointed when they let it fall.

Erica began to walk away untouched, the further she was, the easier it was for the pack too free themselves.

"Take care of this mess!" she called back to them, running as they were finally free.

•••••

Vote,
Comment,
& Follow me on Wattpad.

Unedited.