Onze

Living for centuries, you begin to find things repetitive. In her mind, a game livened up an eternity of hell. Tasting many people, puling many ticks, her life was never ordinary. Erica often wondered what it would be like to have someone that would stay by your side for eternity, what it would be like to give them the world in pieces as she tore it apart.

She could feel it beneath her in the way he tensed but didn't stop her. She could taste it in the essence of his being as she drank it from him. Many times had she held a person's life in her hands, but they had never mattered before then.

He tasted exquisite, never would she be able to get enough of him. His blood was addictive, a siren calling to her. He never spoke a word, simply leaning forward, pressing himself closer to her. He craved her touch as much as she craved his.

It disgusted her. The way she felt so connected to someone she didn't know, the way she felt the need to protect him was disgusting. A vampire could have many blood singers, yet only one mate.

She didn't want hers to be him.

It took all of her strength to pull away when she felt him begin to slump. His consciousness began to slip as his energy drained.

Erica took his face into her hands and forced him to look at her. She stared him in his glazed over eyes, seeing her reflection in his.

She was frightening. Her eyes a bright scarlet, his blood smeared across her chin. James had always told her that she was a messy eater.

"Paul," Erica spoke sharply. "Paul, are you alright?"

His eyes struggled to focus, slowly settling on her face. He didn't flinch at the sight. He nodded weakly.

His eyes fluttered closed. Erica listened carefully to his heart beat as she attempted to force down her panic. She gave an unnecessary sigh when she picked up the strong rhythm.

Moving herself from on top of him, she sat down and laid his head across her lap. Never would she have stayed, but she couldn't leave him vulnerable and defenseless.

The concept of mates was confusing. Someone with whom you were meant to spend eternity with was not supposed to be a boy that sifted into a wolf. He couldn't be turned, his existence would end and she would be left alone.

She didn't know how long she sat there, but he began to slowly stir. Erica felt bitter about leaving, but she needed to. Paws thumping against the compact soil resonated in her ears, telling her she need to leave.

She stood quickly but was hyperaware of his sleeping form, careful not to wake him. The closer the other wolves were, the more she needed to leave.

"You'll be fine," she whispered. She delicately stroked his cheek before pushing herself forward and away from him.

Erica felt her frozen heart ache as the distance grew. Anger pulsed through her being. She headed in the general direction of Texas. The ground frosted over as she ran, a trail leading to her.

Her powers were dangerous when uncontrolled, but she knew she would never be able to control them completely. The winter had a mind of it's own. Death was brought in it's wake, pain, devastation and cold.

Jack Frost was a child story. The boy that brought winter and fun. As Erica grew older she came to realize that Jack Frost wasn't a friend, he was danger and destruction. He was the Jack Frost to her Icarus. She did by his hand, but she was born by it as well. She rose as the Snow Queen, her heart frozen. She wouldn't let some wolf boy shatter the ice that made her whole.

Victoria wouldn't be far. The stubborn redhead would wait for her. It was a tactic for the pairs survival. Erica knew her sister only felt safe when around her' Vicky also felt safe knowing Erica was well and protected. It worked out well for the duo.

Erica wasn't phased when a flash of red jumped her way.

"What took you so long?" Vicky asked immediately.

"Had a snack. Turns out, I'm a dog lover." Victoria didn't fail to notice the blonde's sarcasm.

"What happened?" Erica smiled at the concern the other vampire felt.

"Mates are a joke, apparently. I get to take care of a da until it needs to be put own," Erica grumbled.

Victoria's eyes bulged and her mouth fell open dramatically. "The wolf? Is that why you smell like wet dog?"

Erica supressed and gave the other girl a look. "Can we not discuss this? I'm in a bit of a mood."

Victoria was moving immediately, a wicked grin on her face as she ran through the trees. The blonde was right behind her.

"Texas?" Victoria called to her.

Erica nodded. "As long as it's far away from here and I can kill something, it's fine by me."

•••••

Vote,
Comment,
& Follow me on Wattpad.

Last update for the day.

Unedited.