treize

The occasional chirp or squeak of an animal jostled her concentration, every part of her screaming to rip the tiny creatures apart. Her throat ached, her body yelled at her to feed. She was hungry, incredibly so. It had been a few days since she had properly fed, a few days since Erica had dealt with Edward; Texas was far too boring for her linking.

She allowed Victoria to lead, the redhead was still concerned about the minuscule threat the Cullen imposed to them. A trait that the girl had always possessed.

It was odd being in such a sunny state and coming across so many of their kind. Quite a few vampires had taken a hunting range in Texas, many of them being from the original area. They were all rather old, very knowledgeable of the are and history; something Victoria was quite interested in.

"Can you explain to me how these armies worked?" Victoria pushed the nervous man before them.

He glanced around them, pulling at his clothes, actions similar to those of a human. "Well, I really shouldn't say," he stammered.

Erica rolled her eyes at his silly behaviour. She took hold of the front of his shirt, the material was instantly covered in ice. "I believe my sister asked you a question."

He shook softly in her hold. "They used newborns. It made the fights easier because they're faster and-"

"We know the trait of newborn's, how did the armies work." Erica began to grow impatient.

"Newborns fought other newborns, either dying or surviving. When the war was done, they were killed, either right after or when they hit the year mark." He rushed out. Had they not been of the same species, not a word would have made sense.

Erica dropped the man and made a show of wiping her hands on her pants. She faced her sister with a smug smile. "Now we can leave this god forsaken state."

She walked forward, ignoring the eyes she felt on her back and the soft words being spoken behind her. Apparently Victoria was dealing with the man. Erica had always thought she was too cautious, she needn't always cover her tracks.

Her lips twitched in an attempt to pull into a smile at the loud crack that was heard.

"Must you always kill them?" the blonde mused.

"No, not always." Erica chuckled at the girls reply. The smell of smoke reached her nose. "That man was too stupid to live."

Humming lightly, Erica mulled over the past few days spent in Texas. They weren't a total waste and they had served as a good reason to et her mind of the wolf boy for the past week.

"An army?" Erica question nonchalantly.

"I'm still considering it, trying to work out the details," Victoria answered honestly.

She worked the idea over in her head, looking at ever possibility and the chances of it working. "It's a good backup plan. We cannot count on the Cullen's being absent forever."

Victoria snorted. "Obviously. By the way Edward is still following us, he'll be back in that ridiculous town by the end of the year."

"I bet it'll be just mid year, and that he'll drag his family along with him."

The girls stopped moving completely and looked to the other. "Deal," Victoria grinned.

"Loser drinks anima blood," Erica added as she shoved her hand forward.

"For a week." Victoria gripped her sister's hand tightly. "Hope you enjoy bunny blood."

Erica grinned before letting go and taking off again. It was strange being without her brother. He would have enjoyed everything that the girls were doing without him. She might not have agreed with Victoria's need to have the human dead, seeing as how she was not the one to kill her brother, but Erica would take care of her brother's mate. He wasn't there anymore, she no longer needed to watch after him.

Erica was well aware that Victoria was not a replacement for her brother, but the girl was the closest thing. Victoria was her brother's mate, his other half; Erica would protect and stay by her side for the rest of their existence.

"Let's drive," Erica suggested as the strolled through the night. The town was silent, nearly every person already asleep. "We have to go all the way across the country and I do not feel like running again."

"It won't be as fast," Victoria pointed out.

"In a car, we do not have to be cautious of the sun and exposing ourselves. We just need something fast with tinted windows," she reminded her sister.

Vicky faked a look of shock, adding a faint gasp. "Grand heft auto is a crime," she spoke, speaking with a playful southern accent.

"Last time I checked, so was murder," Erica played along with a fake British accent.

"That's not fair," the redhead pouted. "Your accent is better than mine."

Erica skipped along the sidewalk, glancing at the various cars on the street. "You should learn to do a better accent then."

Victoria huffed in agitation. Picking up her speed, she pushed herself faster. Erica watched as the girl scanned the various cars before coming to a halt in the middle of the street.

"These cars are all slow, they suck."

Stifling a laugh, Erica sped to her sister side. "We have an entire town to search through."

•••••

The leather seat beneath her was smooth; the material was comforting beneath her fingertips. Looking out the window, she watched the scenery zoom by. They were pushing the car as fast as possible and it was still slow by her standards.

With winter ending in this part of he world, Erica could feel herself sinking into a slump. She thrived in the cold. Where most people could not in the cold, she could. Where they lost trails and tracks, she picked them up with ease.

"Turn off the radio, please," Erica spoke. "The music of this century is awful."

The sound shut off, leaving the pair in relative silence. With advanced hearing, they were capable of hearing every little sound that the car made.

"You hate all music," Victoria complained.

"Not classical. Classical is soothing and serene." Erica gave her usual response.

The redhead groaned in annoyance. Erica always preferred silence, she stated that it helped her think.

The time passed slowly, both girls lost in their own thoughts. Erica allowed herself to sit and think through the numbers that ran through her head. With unpredictable humans in the mix, it made everything so much harder. Every little yes or no o simple things could change her outcomes.

"What do you pan to do about that wolf?" Victoria asked hesitantly.

Erica hadn't really thought about what she would do about him. Somehow she had found herself responsible for the safety of some boy, some boy that turned into a wolf and put himself into danger by hunting people of her kind. She couldn't allow herself to eel any sort f emotion for him. It would be too similar to Bella and Edward for her liking. Relationship of those standards were hazardous to society.

"He is rather good looking," Victoria added. "not my type, but he clearly is yours."

She huffed in agitation, looking out the window to avoid the redheads gaze.

He was her type to a certain extent; the wolf part was definitely a setback. His skin was a wonderful contrast against hers, in both colour and temperature. He was strong with sharp features, as were the other wolves. He was different, his face was prettier, angrier. Nearly a constant furrow of his brow showed an underlying anger.

His anger was attractive to her, it drew her in. His loss of control to his anger made her feel powerful, like she had sometime of ability, some type of advantage.

"He's angry, easily agitated. He seems the type to be easily influenced," Erica thought aloud. "I won't be with him romantically, it would e disgraceful to our kind but I don't believe he's entirely useless."

•••••

Vote,
Comment,
& Follow me on Wattpad.

Unedited.

n