Dragon Key

(c) Maine Mendoza Youtube video 

_ _ _

8.23.16 Day6 AMACon3: Oikos Drabble Challenge 

 When the world becomes different..   

DRAGON KEY

"So, saan nyo nakuha ang susi na ito?"

Alden stared back at the man...the man with a medieval helmet and armor on. The man looks regal but for some reason, there is a funny way the man carries himself. He on the other hand, only has his pants on and no shoe. He has been tied up in chains from his hands that lead to his ankles. He has no idea where Maine is and most importantly, he has no idea where he was.

He woke up earlier when someone forcefully took the key from his hand and dropped a bucket of water straight to his face in this cold dark dungeon that smelled rats and sewers. He tried to ask where Maine is but no one answered.

After a couple of minutes that the assigned guard did not get any answer from him, this man holding the key entered the dungeon.

That key. It was a gift for Maine from a fan. She showed it to him during a break on their Kalyeserye stint. It's an odd key. The design has an eye and a snout. The texture is hard and with scales. If he could actually describe it, the key looks like a dragon...the eye design is green. And while the man was dangling it in the air, asking him, he saw it glowed as if staring back at him.

Alden blinked for a second and opened his mouth to speak. His throat is parched and it's hard to actually speak. "I-I don't know. We just found it" He looked down and felt his body grew weak. I need to find Maine but I need to get away from here first.

"We? You have a companion?" someone comes closer and whispered to the man's ear. The man quickly took a stepped back, obviously in shocked and pointed at him while looking at his side. "You're only telling me That now?!"

"Kalagan yan! Bihisan nyo dali! We have to present him to the King as soon as possible or he will..."

Just then, footsteps were heard coming closer to where they are.

Alden heard a gasped, he looked up but he can't see clearly due to the darkness that seems to rise up on his body.

"Boss King! Nandito kayo?"

The tall, dark and handsome King slapped the man's face in annoyance though it's obvious that the slap did not touch any skin. "Malamang, alangan namang nasa taas ako, di ba?"

"Hehe, Boss King naman---"

"Anong ginawa nyo sa kanya?!!" Maine's voice echoed through the walls of the dungeon. The King's guard is holding both of her arms, unlike Alden; she's wearing an elegant dress fit for a princess. She looks beautiful and unfit on that cold dungeon. "Let go of me! I said, let me go!!" She shrieked.

The king almost nodded but it was too late.

Maine's shrieked has caused the key that the man is holding to glow. It grew hot until the man let it go and threw it at the cold floor.

The glowing key landed near Alden's feet. Just then, the same glow enveloped him...the darkness and coldness that's creeping in, suddenly disappeared. Replaced by warmth that he quickly recognizes... it's the same warmth that Maine's gives off whenever they are together.

The glowing makes the chains that bind him disappear.

Alden quickly stood up and comes near Maine. Her eyes were fixed on him, her glowing green eyes. Green? But how ---"

"She's awakening" Alden heard the king said.

As quick as one heart beat, Alden hugged Maine in protective stance but the glowing just speed up until the whole dungeon was filled in blinding whiteness.

When the glow has subsided, Alden realize that he is hugging a neck of a dragon, a big green dragon, staring back at him...he got startled but the eruption of cheers and claps.

The king announced. "My daughter, the dragon lady has awakened!"

_ _ _

A/N: Yes, out of this world *peace*