Callie and Jennifer

"Melanie, I really need your help right now, I just finished getting stitches and I really need a ride back. Anthony took my car and I don't want to call him."

After getting off the phone I saw somebody I never thought I would see. Toby Turner was sitting in the waiting room he looked really sick. I walked over to him "Hey Toby," he looked up at me with surprise. "Kalel oh wow what are you doing here?" 

I sat down next to him, and sighed "stepped on glass, had to get stitches." I lift up my bandaged foot. "Oh I'm sorry to hear about that dude." I nodded and turned my head towards him and asked him a question I already knew. "What are you doing here?" 

"I wasn't feeling very well, I came here after I drove for five hours straight." I raised an eyebrow "driving for five hours?" 

He chuckled "Yeah, I'm suppose to be at my buddies right now but I felt incredibly ill and came here instead. Not to mention I also got lost and can't find his place."  

"Wait...why can't you just use google maps or something?" I got curious, "I lost my phone" Toby laughed. 

Before I could strike up another conversation Melanie walked inside and waved towards me, I waved back. "See you around Toby I have to go." as I kept walking towards Melanie I glanced at Toby again. I felt bad for leaving him lost and sick so I speed walked back to him "hey, it doesn't look like you got a place to stay right now. Did you want to spend a night at my place, it's pretty late." 

He smiled "Thanks, I really appreciate this." I nodded "I can't just leave my buddy like this right?"

He jogged right beside me, "I was about to sleep in my car. Thank god."

I stepped inside the car "Hey Mel" I tried to push away the soreness in my foot. "Hey Kalel, um one question" 

"What is he doing here?" 

"Oh it's fine he doesn't have anywhere to go right now so I'm letting him stay with me."

as the car ride went on I got more and more sleepy, I glanced to my side to see Toby drawing on the window. The drawing was pretty nice, it was just a doodle but it was actually pretty good.

We arrived in Anthony and Ian's parking lot, "oh do you live with Anthony and Ian?" he questioned. "No, I live right next to them" I pulled my keys out of my pocket and got out.

"Kalel, you and Toby should come over and watch a movie with me and Ian" Melanie offered.                   I glanced and Toby and exchanged glances, "yea sure why not" Toby shrugged.

We opened the door to laughter and the smell of popcorn, "Oh hey Melanie." Ian wrapped his arms around Melanie from behind resting his chin on her head. "Missed you" he gave her a peck on the cheek.

I peeled my black flats off my aching feet and glanced around, there I saw them.

Anthony and two girls. Anthony had his arms around a brunette who was laughing next to I'm guessing her sister or friend.

"Kalel..." his eyes widened.

"Uhm, this is Callie and her sister Jennifer" Anthony introduced them.

Callie awkwardly played with her hair while Jennifer looked down into the popcorn bowl taking one by one pieces and popping them into her mouth.

"Anthony I think you met Toby already." I took off my grey scarf and kept on my cardigan, ignoring the introduction.

"Uh, Toby maybe we should just go to my place instead..." I suggested putting my flats back on. "You can sleep on my bed or whatever." I told him while I put on my scarf.

"I actually don't think I should you're already doing so much for me" he turned the knob, "He can sleep on the couch it's your bed after all" Anthony protested "No, I'm being nice and letting him sleep on my bed"

"Dude..I know what you're thinking and we're just friends." Toby weirdly said, "Or you both can sleep on the bed, problem solved" Ian nervously smiled. "She hardly knows Toby, why should he sleep with her?" Anthony asked Ian. "Wait doesn't she have an extra bed?"

"I got rid of it" I opened the door.

"Guys, I'm sleeping on the couch no need to fuss over something dumb" Toby laughed trying to keep it friendly.

"What's dumb is y-" I cut Anthony off by shoving Toby out.

"That was...uncomfortable." Toby followed me across the yard. I agreed "he always makes things uncomfortable."  

I unlocked the door opening it to a messy house, "Ugh, sorry Toby forgot to clean" I groaned "nah, I'm mostly like this too" he softly laughed

"I'll be right back" I said heading for the laundry, I grabbed extra blankets and pillows.

"Here" I handed them to him, "Thanks" he laid them onto the couch.

"If you need anything just ask" I said flicking off the lights. I walked across the hall into my room. I stripped off my clothes rummaging through my clothes for pyjamas.

It was hard for me to get any sleep that night, all I could think about was Anthony and my foot.