Chapter 4: Paul

A few more days have pasted since my battle with Gardenia. I won without having to switch out Umbreon and Gardenia seemed impressed. Umbreon and I were finally in Hearthome City, which is quite the distances from Eterna City.

"Finally a place where we can rest." Umbreon said tiredly.

"Are you that tired?" I asked confused at her sudden lack of energy.

"You try battling twenty trainers in a row and see how it feels." I nodded and we headed to the pokemon center. As we were walking in I saw a familiar boy standing at the counter getting his pokemon healed.

"It's you." I said as we approached the counter and he looked at us lightly.

"Yeah, what's it to you." I glared at him sharply.

"Let's have a battle." He seemed a little shocked by my request but accepted it with a nod of his head. We went outside and I pulled out a pokeball.

"I think it's about time you met my starter. Chimchar let's go!" I threw out the pokeball and Chimchar appeared happily.

"So you choose a Chimchar, is it because of the way you got angry at me for the way I treated mine?" I glared at him. "Well Chimchar was too weak so I released it. Another pathetic trainer took it instead, his name was Ash." I froze a little.

"Ash? So Ash came to Sinnoh too, I thought he was going to Johto. Doesn't matter, what does matter is that you abandoned your pokemon and that is something I can't forgive." He smirked.

"Then let's see you beat this pokemon, Torterra stand-by for battle." A large turtle with a giant tree on it's back appeared suddenly.

"A Torterra, so this must be the final evolution of Turtwig." I pulled out my pokedex quickly.

"Torterra, the continent pokemon. Ancient people imagined that beneath the ground, a gigantic Torterra dwelled." I frowned a little at the giant pokemon and then at my small Chimchar.

"You aren't going to win, just give up now." I shook my head lightly.

"Chimchar come back." Chimchar jumped on my shoulder.

"You're not going to use Chimchar?" He asked me. I shook my head no.

"Chimchar was just to show you how to actually treat one, but seeing as you abandoned yours I will make sure you understand my true strength. I came to this region without any of my legendary pokemon, but I will show you what it feels like to be destroyed by a legend. I call upon the icy winds and command the gate to open. Articuno!" A bright light appeared in front of me and I felt the icy winds of Mt. Sobert as Articuno flew through the light.

"You called Kat?" She asked and saw the battle before her. "I see you need me to fight." I nodded.

"He abandoned his Chimchar because it was too weak for him. I think its about time he was put in his place, don't you think?" She nodded.

"I couldn't agree more." He was staring in horror at the majestic creature before him.

"Please meet the pokemon that will be your downfall, Articuno the Goddess of Ice. Now Articuno blow them away with Icy Wind!" The winds appeared again and even though the boy called out for Torterra to block it with a grass attack nothing could overpower Articuno. Torterra was blown back and slid across the road causing people to move out of the way to avoid getting hit. He looked back as he saw Torterra on the ground a giant line of unearthed ground leading to it showing the destructive power Articuno possessed.

"Such power..." He muttered as he returned Torterra.

"You should know better than to treat pokemon the way you do. If you want to see more of my power than pull out another pokemon and we'll watch that one go down in defeat as well. Pokemon mean everything to me, if you treat your pokemon like they are worthless than I will treat you the same way. Think of your Torterra, though it is well trained it has no love or compassion from you, so you will always be weak. A pokemon's strength is connected with it's trainers love for them, so start treating your pokemon with love and respect and they will show you their true power." I looked at Articuno with a small smile.