Chapter 20: Final Battle

We battled hard to get to the end of the grand festival. Sylveon wasn't going to be competing in this final round though, I had a new Pokemon no one knew about other than Paul.

Zoey was to be our opponent. And this meant we had to give it everything we had.

"Hey Kat, as much as I like you I will not let my grand festival end here!" She said and I smirked.

"Now that's the Zoey I know, always fighting."

"The final stage is set on my right it's Kat from pallet town, and on my left its Zoey from Snow Point City. Let the battle begin!"

"Glameow, Gallade curtains!" Zoey called out.

"Glaceon, Leafeon Spotlight!" I called out.

"Leafeon?! I thought you were going to use Sylveon?" I chuckled.

"Gotta have a new Pokemon to wow you with. Leafeon Energy Ball, Glaceon Ice Shard!" The ice and grass orbs formed together creating a chilling yellow orb that had frightening speed as it charged Zoey's Pokemon.

"Dodge both of you. Then Glameow Shadow Claw, Gallade Psycho Cut!"

"Leafeon, Glaceon meet them halfway!!" The two Pokemon took off and quickly dodged both attacks.

"How?!" Zoey said shocked at the gracefully elegant dodges.

"Leafeon Petal Dance!" The petals swirled around Glameow and Gallade. "Glaceon Blizzard!" The snow crashed into the two Pokemon causing them to fly back.

"That devastating combination has Zoey falling behind in points."

"Glameow Thunderbolt! Gallade Psycho Cut!" Gallade jumped on Glameow's tail as she used thunderbolt causing the psycho cut glow beautifully.

"Leafeon Leaf Blade, Glaceon Blizzard!" Leafeon jumped forward and rushed Gallade as he set the Psycho Cut at her but Glaceon's Blizzard shielded her quickly.

"That Blizzard is driving away all of Zoey's attacks. Will this be the end of her grand festival experience if she can't find a way through."

"Glameow do it!" All of a sudden Glameow cut through the blizzard with shadow claw.

"Leafeon!" But she was blown back into Glaceon.

"Glameow Thunderbolt!"

"Glaceon Blizzard!" Glaceon jumped up and blew the thunderbolt back. "Leafeon go!" Leafeon jumped through the blizzard.

"Glameow!" Glameow jumped through.

"Double team!" When the blizzard cleared Glameow was surrounded by Leafeons.

"What?!"

"I wouldn't fall for the same trick twice! Leafeon Leaf Blade!"

"Gallade use Psycho Cut!"

"Glaceon Blizzard!" Glameow was blown back by the Leaf Blade while Gallade struggled to keep back Glaceon's Blizzard. That's when the timer stopped and we both turned to look at the screen.

"And the winner of the grand festival and the title of top coordinator is... It's a tie! Both trainers will be awarded the trophy and the title of top coordinator!" We both looked at each other shocked. But I dropped to my knees and hugged Glaceon and Leafeon.

"Thank you both so much! You were amazing!"

They both smiled and I looked up to see Zoey hugging her Pokemon as well.

"Congrats Zoey." She smiled at me with her Pokemon.

"Yeah you too."

~

After the ceremony and the awarding of the trophy we headed back outside after changing.

"Congratulations you two." Dawn and May said to us.

"Thanks both of you."

"How does it feel?" Dawn asked.

"To tell the truth it really hasn't sunk in yet." Zoey said and I nodded.

"Yeah..." Paul smiled at me.

"Leafeon really was a good choice." I smiled.

"Thanks Paul." I pulled out four pokeballs and threw them up. "Come on out." Glaceon, jolteon, Leafeon and Sylveon appeared. "I want to thank you five for being the best Pokemon someone could ask for." They all jumped on me, knocking me to the ground. I laughed as Umbreon joined the pile.

"Eevee master for sure!" Everyone laughed.

"Well I have to head back to Snowpoint City. Celebrating and all you're more than welcome to come with Kat." I shook my head.

"Thanks but I think I'm going to go and cheer on everyone in the Sinnoh League so I'll have to decline. But I know we'll see each other again in a contest. Bye Zoey!" She waved as she walked away.

True friends never die. Only travel in different directions sometimes.