Chapter 23: Lunar Pokemon

That night I had a very strange dream, there was a beautiful pokemon in it, but I had no idea who or what it was. It shined brightly and it was almost like it was the moon itself.

"Kat!" I was broken out of my daydream as Paul yelled in my face.

"What?" I asked a little dazed.

"Is everything alright? You haven't been acting like your typical self." I thought about the beautiful pokemon again.

"Yeah, I'm alright..." I trailed off thinking about the beauty that radiated from that creature.

"There you go again, you keep zoning out. What are you thinking about?" He asked a little concerned.

"Just a dream I had last night."

"A dream?" He said confused.

"Yeah, there was this pokemon in it that I had never seen before, but I have a feeling I know it somehow." I explained and looked at the sky.

"What did it look like?" He asked.

"It was blue and yellow, it's head had a crescent shape, almost like the moon. Then it's wings were a beautiful pink that sparkled when the moonlight captured it." I said describing the pokemon.

"That couldn't be..." Paul trailed off when he started talking.

"What couldn't it be?" I asked suddenly interested to reality.

"There's a legend in Sinnoh about a Lunar Pokemon known by the name Cresselia."

"Cresselia?" I said a little confused.

"Yeah, it's said to be an extremely rare pokemon that only comes out during crescent moons, but there's said to be an island that it lives on." I was getting drawn in by this story.

"What island?"

"Fullmoon Island."

"Fullmoon Island huh? Well I need to go there." Paul looked at me shocked.

"It's only a legend, surely the place doesn't really exist." I shook my head.

"I have a feeling it does, but there's one way of getting at the truth." I pulled out a pokeball. "Uxie come on out!" I called out. He appeared and looked at me lightly.

"What can I do for you Kat?"

"Does Fullmoon Island exist?" He looked between Paul and I.

"Yes it does." I smiled brightly.

"I knew it! How do we get there?"

"Kat, I don't think you want to go there." Uxie said lightly.

"Why not?"

"Because, Cresselia will tell you the truth...then you'll have to choose." I looked at him confused.

"So Cresselia does exist too, but what do you mean she will tell me the truth and I'll have to choose?" I asked.

"She exists, she exists to protect the world of pokemon, but there's a reason you are the way you are and she will tell you the truth..." Uxie disappeared back inside his pokeball.

"If Cresselia knows why I have the abilities I do then I have to go and see her." Paul frowned.

"But Uxie sounded scared, like he didn't want you to go. Maybe it would be better if you didn't." I glared at him.

"I have to find out why I was gifted with these abilities, so whether you or any of my pokemon like it or not I will be going to meet with Cresselia and find out the truth." I stormed away and grabbed a pokeball from my waist. "Latias." She appeared and smiled brightly at me.

"Yes?" She asked.

"Can you fly me to Canalave City?" She nodded and I climbed on to her back. She took off into the sky and it was beautiful to see the world from the sky like always.

When we finally landed at Canalave City I was starting to feel a little nervous, but I was already here. I had to go through with it. I returned Latias after thanking her and headed towards the dock.

"What can I do for you, Miss?" A sailor asked.

"Could you take me to Fullmoon Island?" He nodded.

"It's been a long time since someone has wanted to go there, but I will take you there." We boarded the ship and took off towards an island that wasn't actually that far from the city itself. "Well here you go, Miss. Fullmoon Island." I thanked the sailor and headed towards the back of the island. I came across a clearing in the trees to see the pokemon from my dream.

"Cresselia?" The pokemon turned sharply and she looked confused for a minute.

"Kat?" I nodded and she smiled lightly. "It's so good to see you again."

"Again?" She frowned a little.

"Right I had forgotten I had erased your memory of me. But somehow here you are before me."

"You erased my memory of you?" I asked confused.

"Yes, you see Kat you aren't like other humans but you know that by now don't you?" I nodded once. "You see I know it may come as a shock to you, but you aren't a human." I froze.

"How am I not human?" I asked looking at my very much human body.

"Yes you may look like a human now, but at one point you were a pokemon by the name of Zorark."

"Zorark?"

"Yes, Zorark is a transforming pokemon, it can transform into anything even humans. I met with you when I was patrolling Sinnoh. You were the first of your kind that I had seen, but you weren't afraid of me. You said that the world was slowly going to be ruined if nothing was done to stop the number of dark organizations rising all around the world. We made a promise to protect the world and that promise is what transformed you from a pokemon to a human, however for some reason you still had the ability to change your form and understand humans. We opted to erasing your memory so you could play the role of human more effectively. You were "born" a human and were raised to be one. But one day we vowed to meet again and when that time came you would choose whether you chose to continue your life as a human or to go back to being the pokemon you once were. Now is that time, but know this Kat, if you choose to go back to being a pokemon, you will never be able to become a human again." She explained quickly.

"So I have to choose whether I want to be a human or a pokemon for the rest of my life?" She nodded once. "How does someone make that choice just like that?" I asked shocked.

"I don't know. You were different when we first met, you had nothing to go back to nothing to lose but now you do, if you go back to being a pokemon then the pokemon at your side will be released and you will never be able to travel with them again. Kat, this is going to be a difficult decision for you, go home and think about it for two days, on the night of the crescent moon I will come and I will make you decide." She glowed slightly and when I blinked I was standing in front of my house.

How could I choose between my family, friends and pokemon and then my old life?

"Kat?!" James came out the door smiling brightly.

"I heard from Paul that you went to Fullmoon Island, how was it?"

"Terrible..." I walked past him and into the kitchen to see Paul sitting at the table. He looked up at me and I could tell he was worried about what I had learned.

"So what happened?"I signaled for him to follow me to my room. Once we were inside and the door was closed I explained everything. Once I was finished he looked at me shocked.

"So you're a pokemon called Zorark?"

"I was a pokemon called Zorark, I'm a human now, but Cresselia said that in two days she will come and I have to decide whether I want to stay a human or return to my pokemon form, if I choose to become a pokemon then I can never be a human again." He frowned.

"What are you going to do?"

"I don't know..."