Chapter 12: Storming the Warehouse

After a very lively dinner we all went our separate ways in the house to get some much needed sleep after the day we had all had.  I curled up in my old bed and thought about everything that I had been through up until this point.  I had battled against the boss of Team Rocket, gone up against the Pokemon league champion Red, and I had been on countless adventures with Umbreon and the rest of my friends. I could beat my father, no matter what it took I would beat him and make him understand that causing harm to people and Pokemon wasn't okay.

"I will make you understand, father. I will bring you back to the way you use to be even if I die trying." I muttered lightly as I closed my eyes.  The morning came too soon as I was awoken by a loud banging at the bedroom door.

"Kat, it's time to get up." James called from the other side.  I jumped up and changed before opening the door to see his smiling face.

"Are you ready for today?" He asked lightly and all I could muster was a nod. I was afraid to face my father, but more than that I was afraid to face the monster he had become, this wasn't the father from my memories as a young child.  He had at one point tried to cure me of my abilities because he believed it would be for the best and the most effective way for me to live a normal life. But somewhere along the way he changed into the monster that I saw now.

"Hey are you alright?" James asked me as I zoned out.

"Yeah I'm fine, I just have to accept that maybe there is nothing we can do for him anymore. He wants to threaten all of humanity and for that to happen would be going against everything I stand for.  I won't let him succeed with his plan, I have to stop him." I said and James put a hand on my shoulder.

"We will stop him I promise." I followed him downstairs and to where everyone was standing around looking a little worried.  Umbreon was standing beside Paul and I could tell she was even nervous about our plan. I frowned. I was sending these people into an unnecessary battle.  They didn't need to be a part of the fighting.

"Don't you even think about telling us to stay out this." Paul said as he saw the look on my face.

"Guess I can't hide anything from you. I want to make sure one more time that you all are okay with doing this. Because if you aren't there's no need for you to come along, this is going to be a very dangerous mission for us and I want to make sure everyone comes out of this unharmed." Zoey chuckled.

"I laugh in the face of danger." I rolled my eyes and I saw Umbreon and Paul smiling a little after the laughter.

"Well then, I guess it's time for us to go then." I said and everyone nodded once as we headed out the door.

"Well, well looks like the little brats have mustered up some courage." Saturn's voice appeared from around the corner of the house.

"Great just what we needed..." I muttered. My brother stepped forward and glared at Saturn.

"The rest of you head towards the warehouse, I'll keep Saturn busy." I looked at him concerned but the look on his face told me I couldn't convince him otherwise.

"Be careful." I whispered and we rushed off towards the warehouse.

Please be careful, James. I just got to see you again for the first time since I disappeared and I actually can't see my life continuing without you.  You're my brother, you protected me whenever I needed someone. So don't you dare let yourself get hurt.

"So looks like there are some more brats roaming around." We heard another voice as we entered the factory.

"Mars." I said lightly. The red haired woman from before appeared and grinned.